Salomon Quest 4d2 gtx under $90

Brado16

WKR
I have not received a tracking number yet, just we are preparing your order and carrier will update tracking once available. Not holding my breathe here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yep, I did it too, have to risk it at that price!

Not trying to derail this post, but since we're talking about "to good to be true" Amazon deals, I also purchased this a couple of days ago. We'll see, I figured for $15.23, I had to take the risk.
Work Sharp WSKTS-KO Knife and Tool Sharpener Ken Onion Edition - Power Shaper Accessories - Amazon.com

Just got a cancelation on my Work Sharp

We're writing to inform you that your order has been canceled. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. In most cases, you pay for items when we ship them to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled.*

OP
M

Murdy

WKR
I got the cancellation too, and the item is off Amazon, seems like a legit mistake. The boots on the other hand, still no info on USPS tracking. My tracking number is different from everyone else's.

have been a long time buyer using amazon. First internet purchase for me was a vhs tape of Gone With The Wind for my mom back in 1990 something, soon after getting my first computer. Sure hope they dont go down the toilet, but the way they have expanded vendors has me cautious and worried......

OP
M

Murdy

WKR
Yeah, on the one hand, expansion means more choice, more competition, and better prices (theoretically); on the other, it means less control by Amazon, more potential for fraud. I suppose if you stick to products that are identified as fulfilled by Amazon, you should be okay.

Billinsd

WKR
The seller is "so_11". Checking feedback, has 17 ratings, all 1 star with everyone saying it is a scam and they never received anything. Also, he is selling a bunch of other items, all outdoors related and all basically the same price. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking for a truck tent and found a great deal!!! I looked at the seller and it was so_11 Needless to say, I did not buy it. I probably would have if I had not read this thread. Too funny.

I'm over 99% certain this is a a scam. USPS tracking comes up as not recognized, my credit card has been charged. Guess I'll juat havw to wait to start the process of getting the charge reversed.

colonel00

WKR
I'm over 99% certain this is a a scam. USPS tracking comes up as not recognized, my credit card has been charged. Guess I'll juat havw to wait to start the process of getting the charge reversed.
Just contact Amazon if you are concerned. Takes three clicks.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

On the boots, I finally received a message from Amazon stating that since the seller had not fulfilled the order in a given amount of time, my order had been canceled and I had not been charged.
On the Ken Onion knife sharpener, I've received a tracking number, but last time I checked it says that it can't be found. Not holding my breath.

OP
M

Murdy

WKR
On the boots, I finally received a message from Amazon stating that since the seller had not fulfilled the order in a given amount of time, my order had been canceled and I had not been charged.
On the Ken Onion knife sharpener, I've received a tracking number, but last time I checked it says that it can't be found. Not holding my breath.

How did you receive the notification? Email, text, or on the Amazon website?

According to the shipping info mine are supposed to be delivered by tomorrow. Of course the tracking number still is unrecognized. I sent an email to Amazon. Are there options to report that appear after the shipping date passes? I don't really see where to report an issue with an order.

Saw the same items for sale and figured it was a scam. This store front appeared a day after another one was shut down selling same boots and other outdoor gear. All items on that one were marked $19.88. I emailed seller to verify price through amazon messaging and never heard back. That was enough for me to stay away. Checked back a couple days later and saw all the negative reviews rolling in. Will not buy from a third party seller unless they have been in business for at least 6 months and have a good track record. Sure Amazon refunds the money but these scammers are only going to drive up the fees associated with Amazon.

OP
M

Murdy

WKR
Google "Contact Amazon Support" -- or follow this link: Amazon Sign In
you have to sign in, options to contact Amazon are toward the bottom
Also, found this number for Amazon customer service: 1 (888) 280-4331

Got a refund notice today from Amazon.

I ended up ordering a pair of the Cabelas Meindl Perfekt Hiker Lights. Regularly $240 but 20% off and free shipping so $192. Of course I used Cabelas points so they were basically free anyway but I still always look for good deals to spend my points wisely.

Last edited: