ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
I'll post a review after a few outings in the clothing forum

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

CoSwede

FNG
View attachment 50377

Went to check out the item at our local REI. We always had joked about the "treehuggers" that we see in there. On the way out the store I about fell over laughing when I saw undeniable proof! This poor tree in front of the store has been hugged so much they wore the bark clean off!

MT_Archer

FNG
Slightly off topic, but at my local California Bay Area REI, they set out a book with a sign that encouraged customers to write down what their 2017 new year aspirations were. Guess which one is mine.....hint...Its not Boys and Coachella, lol

dSm4TZq.jpg

Tbuckus

WKR
Thanks for the post.

I was going tot buy a KUIU superdown, but that is a screaming deal.

Squirrels

WKR
I bought one today. I'm usually in between medium and large. I go one way or the other depending on cut. I ordered a large, I hope I don't swim in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
REI needs to pay me some commissions for the referral business, damn!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Squirrels

WKR
My puffy came in today. Glad I bought it, seems like a quality piece. I really like how it stuffs into its own pocket, it's longer and narrower when stuffed instead of a rectangle like most which will allow it to fill some holes better in the pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
View attachment 50377

Went to check out the item at our local REI. We always had joked about the "treehuggers" that we see in there. On the way out the store I about fell over laughing when I saw undeniable proof! This poor tree in front of the store has been hugged so much they wore the bark clean off!
I start laughing when I drive into the parking lot and look at all the Priuses and liberal bumper stickers. I still laugh in the store, but I'm pretty laughed out by then. Lol

Tbuckus

WKR
Mine arrived a couple days ago and I'm happy with the fit.
I'm 5'9" 175 and a medium fits great. Not too snug and the shoulder room is good. Full range of motion. It weighed out at 10.3oz on my digital scale.
Don't plan on wearing it as an outer layer for bow hunting so I just picked up the blue one for variety. Have plenty of olive clothes.

Dobermann

WKR
Mine arrived too. I'm at about 5'8", 154, and usually a straight medium in everything. However, the medium for this jacket feels more like a large on me - long in the sleeves and torso, and lots of extra room in the chest and waist.

My impressions: it seems like it's louder than my Uncompahgre, although I don't have both here at the same place to tell for sure. It seems very shiny/reflective, and I wouldn't want to hunt in it. As a back-up / hiking / dry-at-camp option, it seems pretty serviceable.

Aside from the fact that it's down, there's nothing else that seems incredible about the piece, or would justify me paying the full cost for it. But for what it was, and the discount we all got, it's a pretty good option.