Heathers Choice backpacking meal sale

Squirrels

WKR
The sampler for two is the cheapest route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What the heck is a packaroon and a doro wat? I just looked at every item they have and can't find a single thing I'd probably eat.

Those packaroons are delicious. Expensive, but damn good. I tried pretty much everything else they make last and the dorowat was the only thing I might buy again.

Brendan

WKR
What the heck is a packaroon and a doro wat? I just looked at every item they have and can't find a single thing I'd probably eat.

Some people don't like the stuff, but I'm never going back to Mountain House if I can avoid it. The one downside Heather's Choice has - it does not re-hydrate as well. Takes longer but that doesn't really bother me. It is much healthier for you, and I like the variety in tastes. Count me as a fan.

Packaroons are like a coconut macaroon dessert. Pretty damn good. Doro Wat is a spicy curry type of dish - Again, I liked it for variety.

Daniel_M

WKR
The menu may seem a little hippie, but the meals are damn tasty and a heck of an alternative after spending all summer eating Mtn House. The chowder is awesome. Plus they are avid hunters.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Doro Wat is a spicy curry type of dish

I would be all over that, except maybe during hunting season. Love spicy curry.

A lot of their stuff seems desserty and weird to me.......even their chili, and I don't eat breakfast up hunting......just my coffee. So it would appear that the Doro wat and the chowder would be about it.......but spicy curry and hunting just doesn't sound like a good mix.

I love some of the MH meals, especially the Lasagna.

Brendan

WKR
I would be all over that, except maybe during hunting season. Love spicy curry.

A lot of their stuff seems desserty and weird to me.......even their chili, and I don't eat breakfast up hunting......just my coffee. So it would appear that the Doro wat and the chowder would be about it.......but spicy curry and hunting just doesn't sound like a good mix.

I love some of the MH meals, especially the Lasagna.

I wouldn't classify any of her stuff as "Sweet", no added sugar or anything like that - but there's definitely a lot more to them than your typical mountain house. That could be good or bad dependent on the person. From an ingredient perspective - they're one of the healthiest things going for easy backcountry eating, if you like the taste.

Man, those buckwheat breakfasts though... I like them, but I was so "regular" I was practically sprinting out of the tent in the dark every morning...

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
From an ingredient perspective - they're one of the healthiest things going for easy backcountry eating, if you like the taste.

For anyone that actually knows me, they'd say that "healthy" has NEVER been a consideration for what I eat. It's ALL about taste, and max fats, proteins, and carbs........and probably in that order.:D But I did just finish about a 1/2 pound of cheesecake smothered in pie cherries. Is that healthy?

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a bunch to try and its not for me. I have 2 bags of Dark Chocolate Chili, 1 of Salmon Chowder, and 1 of Mom's Pasgetti. I'd sell them for 1/2 price if anyone wants them.

Brendan

WKR
For anyone that actually knows me, they'd say that "healthy" has NEVER been a consideration for what I eat. It's ALL about taste, and max fats, proteins, and carbs........and probably in that order.:D But I did just finish about a 1/2 pound of cheesecake smothered in pie cherries. Is that healthy?

I like to think that is perfectly healthy. As long as my IPAs still count as recovery drinks :D

Squirrels

WKR
Well I bit with the sale, we shall see if how I like them. Order a breakfast, entrée, and packaroons for 8 days....

tttoadman

WKR
I love the staff, but it wasn't for me. I will keep my eye out for some new offerings from them once in awhile. I hate to say I am very similar to 5MilesBack when it comes to food.

Ddidier

FNG
Those packaroons are delicious. Expensive, but damn good. I tried pretty much everything else they make last and the dorowat was the only thing I might buy again.
Why is the doorwat the only thing you would buy again? The taste?

Ddidier

FNG
I bought a bunch to try and its not for me. I have 2 bags of Dark Chocolate Chili, 1 of Salmon Chowder, and 1 of Mom's Pasgetti. I'd sell them for 1/2 price if anyone wants them.

Why do you say it's not for you? Researching a bunch of different options... just curious...