Alpen Rainier 10x42 binoculars on Amazon prime

I'm not seeing too many reviews on them, have you guys been able to compare them side by side to anything?
I have tried them out at sportsmen warehouse. They are in general larger and heavier than other $1000 binos but the glass and coatings are nice. Also the company have been super easy to work with every time I have called them (my wife has the Teton series).

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

264win

WKR
Thanks for posting this, mine just arrived and are as advertised. The price is creeping up but they are still a great buy $562.00. Certainly $1000.00 quality if not more. I will try do a side by side with my Zeiss Victory and Swaro soon

CarlTuesday

Lil-Rokslider
Went for it at the original price posted... Can't do a good comparison since my other ones are vortex diamondbacks so not very high end, but these are noticeably brighter, crisper, and more "vivid" for lack of better word.

Did the comparison in today's crappy Alaskan light with rain and was pretty happy. Noticeably heavier tho, 8oz by spec but I might weigh since it feels like more.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
X

xcutter

WKR
Received mine yesterday. These are great quality. I compared them to my Zeiss conquest hd's. Hard to tell but I'd say that are slightly brighter and more crisp. Definitely heavier though. Great buy I'm really happy with them.

264win I'd really like to read your review when your write it up. So please do. Thanks.

264win

WKR
For anyone who may be interested, I spent some time testing to these binos side by side several others. Swaro El, Zeiss Victory, Bushnell elite one mile lrf and some zen ray ed (unknown model cost $ 400 several gears ago ).
My testing method is done at the beach on a bright day, first at mid day then at sunset. I have found that that this combination of bright light reflection and lowlight reflection can really test the quality of the glass and its coatings.
Of course all opinions are subjective and this is only mine.
As far as optical quality I was very impressed in all areas. The Alpen gave up almost nothing to the Swaro or Zeiss. The Zeiss is my personal favorite and I still like it the best, but as far as glass I would say the Alpen is as good as anything I have ever seen under $1500.00 Alpen was clearly better than the Bushnell and the Zen ray both in color, clarity and light gathering.
On fit and finish quality, there are more differences if you are looking very closely (otherwise know as anal) the center focus wheel is a little over sensative to adjustment and moves to easily imho. The fit of the rubber armour is fine but not quite as good as Swaro or Zeiss. Very similar to the $ 890.00 Bushnell.
The neck strap and carrying case are ok but not great. The built in lens caps are frankly a bit of pain both to insert and to remove, but they do work.
Ergonomics are very subjective but I didnt find much to complain about. The claimed weight is a few oz more on the Alpen, but in hand it was hard to tell the difference.

Overall I am very happy with mine and I am tempted to buy a second pair for friends who need an upgrade. These are good binoculars at $1k. At $562.00 they are a real bargain.

OP
X

xcutter

WKR
I don't really know what a conventional kit consists of but they have the tapped hole for mount. Alpen sales the adapter on there website.

Those are top notch binos. I have used the Alpen Apex for a few years. I've been looking at getting a set of 15x50 Tetons to use on a tripod.
There are some reviews on line from birding types.

CarlTuesday

Lil-Rokslider
Was not off on being higher than spec weight. 33.16oz
9ba552c27d1119b1c0d7e4c27ec2e6c1.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I bought a few pairs back when price was $562, before they went up -- initially for friends who have since bailed. Will sell for what I have in them plus $20 ship/insurance if anyone is interested; otherwise I'll just return them. Let me know, thanks.