BF Gun Safe Deals?

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i think its interesting that they feel like they have to make a point and make a statement that they wont sell them at Dicks, but still just sell them at another company they own. Why not stand by their convictions and not just sell them at all? seems like a lot of pandering to me.
i think its funny that sportsman would support a company that doesn't support the second amendment. But i'm seeing a lot of i don't own that style so it doesn't bother me mentality now, so i may be a lost cause.

dotman

WKR
i think its interesting that they feel like they have to make a point and make a statement that they wont sell them at Dicks, but still just sell them at another company they own. Why not stand by their convictions and not just sell them at all? seems like a lot of pandering to me.
i think its funny that sportsman would support a company that doesn't support the second amendment. But i'm seeing a lot of i don't own that style so it doesn't bother me mentality now, so i may be a lost cause.

Yeah but a personal opinion about AR's has nothing to do with this topic. Dicks sells guns and gun safes. Let's stay on topic to where good gun safe deals are. Start another thread about dicks not selling AR's.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i new topic would be best, and something i wont start. i stated it was funny, you commented, i responded to your comment and now you state a new topic is needed. perhaps saying a new topic was needed should have been your first response.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Well I don’t own an assault rifle so that doesn’t matter to me. I do like I can pick ammo up on a Sunday at dicks or buy a gun I can legally hunt with here in PA. Dicks does sell quantities of 223.

Guess I could have got a safe at tractor supply where they don’t even sell any type of gun.
So what your saying is, that you really like dicks 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

i new topic would be best, and something i wont start. i stated it was funny, you commented, i responded to your comment and now you state a new topic is needed. perhaps saying a new topic was needed should have been your first response.

I never noticed they didnt sell AR style rifles . I was wondering what you were talking about them not selling guns . Ill take a look next time i go in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So what your saying is, that you really like dicks 🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I didn't say that. I do shop there on occasion but mostly because it is convenient and a good price. I would also buy a safe at Walmart but I haven't seen any assault rifles there. I am sure most here are not banning shopping at Walmart. If you want to debate guns and choices probably another section or even forum for you to post on. This 1 is for gear deals. By the way not saying this to any one specific.

Just wanted to post an update on the safe. At first I thought there was something wrong with the electronic lock because it would not unlock the bolts. I tried 2 9V batteries I had on hand an it still did not work. The electronics would let me change the combo. The key worked fine. By the way the FIeld and Stream safes are made by Stack On. I ran down to the local Rite Aid and bought some Duracells even though they don't sell guns and that did the trick. So for $400 it is a decent safe. I didn't do this but if you open a Dicks CC they take off like $40 off of the bill and think you get enough points for $20 back in Dicks $$. Man that is a lot of Dicks.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I didn't say that. I do shop there on occasion but mostly because it is convenient and a good price. I would also buy a safe at Walmart but I haven't seen any assault rifles there. I am sure most here are not banning shopping at Walmart. If you want to debate guns and choices probably another section or even forum for you to post on. This 1 is for gear deals. By the way not saying this to any one specific.

Just wanted to post an update on the safe. At first I thought there was something wrong with the electronic lock because it would not unlock the bolts. I tried 2 9V batteries I had on hand an it still did not work. The electronics would let me change the combo. The key worked fine. By the way the FIeld and Stream safes are made by Stack On. I ran down to the local Rite Aid and bought some Duracells even though they don't sell guns and that did the trick. So for $400 it is a decent safe. I didn't do this but if you open a Dicks CC they take off like $40 off of the bill and think you get enough points for $20 back in Dicks $$. Man that is a lot of Dicks.

I was always worried about the electronics on a safe. That's why I went the dial route.

Good luck on finding the best deals fellows and fellowets.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member

dang, I was just joking with ya, I shop at Dick's also, pretty much for the same reason's you stated, but I agree with you, this forum is for gear deals, if ya'll want to debate politics and gun control at dick's wal mart or wherever there are appropriate places for it

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
dang, I was just joking with ya, I shop at Dick's also, pretty much for the same reason's you stated, but I agree with you, this forum is for gear deals, if ya'll want to debate politics and gun control at dick's wal mart or wherever there are appropriate places for it

Sorry, sort of new to the forum so i'm still learning the rights/wrongs of posting, so i'll keep the extra non gear deals comments to myself.

"So what your saying is, that you really like dicks 🤣BF Gun Safe Deals?🤣🤣" - Very helpful comment in the gear deals... So much to learn, very confusing :)

Back on subject....

Tractor supply has the "Canon 64 gun wide body safe" on sale for $699.

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Grumman

WKR
c6568de5e532cc7c8c53153ff181701c.jpg

Costco had this on display yesterday. Most Cannon safes look cheap to me but this one has a very nice finish. Free delivery too. It was an online only sale -17Dec2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I picked up the safe from Dicks. They shoved it right in........... the back of my truck. :confused: Its decent for the price point. On sale for $399. It has an electronic lock and 3 bolts on the side none on top. Holds 24 guns or you can install the included shelving on 1 side which cuts the # of guns in half. Also has a door holder for 4 pistols. I already had a safe but needed a little extra space for a few of them along with some other items I wanted locked up. I am not as much worried about thieves as I am keeping the guns away from my kids and their friends.

I would be more worried about fire than burglars defeating your safe. Most burglars are in and out within 5 minutes, grabbing what they can carry. They don't want to spend hours trying to defeat a safe, or make lots of noise trying to get it open. It's great to be concerned about the kids though. Lots of times, they are more curious especially when in the company of their friends. Teach them the right way (only in the presence of an adult) to handle guns. Also, if they see a gun somewhere (anywhere), not to touch it and go tell an adult.

Over 40 years of LEO experience, I have investigated numerous burglaries, none of which involved entry to a locked safe, but I have been on the scene of at least a half dozen fatalities where children found a loaded weapon.

c6568de5e532cc7c8c53153ff181701c.jpg

Costco had this on display yesterday. Most Cannon safes look cheap to me but this one has a very nice finish. Free delivery too. It was an online only sale -17Dec2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Standard Delivery Included" usually means they drop it off in your driveway. You have to get some buddies to help you get it inside, then help you drink a case of beer ; )

Also, remember to measure ALL of your doorways that the safe will have to go through, then take a tape measure with you to the store. You don't want to have to try to remove the door of the safe to get it through a doorway (the door is the heaviest part of the safe, and hard to handle).