10% off at Outdoorsman tripods/packs

willidru

WKR
Got this in my email - Since some of you can't attend SCI in Las Vegas, NV we decided to give you the same specials at the show with 10% off ALL Outdoorsmans Tripods & Backpacks with code HOME10 until the show is over on Sunday, February 4th!

dotman

WKR
Outdoorsmans has amazing tripod products but their customer service has sucked for years, if their tripod products were not so good they wouldn't have lasted long with their crap service.

Strange, but my orders have had no problems. They helped me select the correct stud for the binoculars adapter and their shipping was pretty quick when I ordered my tripod right before last seasons Elk hunt.

Meanwhile, I think that when you ask for a discount after making a purchase you are being unreasonable. If I were a seller of products, I wouldn't be so quick to give ALL of the prior orders discounts prior to the discount period.

I am still waiting on a tshirt that I ordered with a micro pan head that somehow didn't make it into the box. No answer to emails asking for status, but did answer when I called. I would say to call them.

MIKEYB

WKR
I believe there is a 10% podcast discount code that has been floating around for quite a while. I used it when I ordered last year. A little Google fu never hurts.

Dobermann

WKR
Outdoorsmans has amazing tripod products but their customer service has sucked for years, if their tripod products were not so good they wouldn't have lasted long with their crap service.

In some ways, I'm glad to hear this, as I've been trying to buy a set-up from them for months, but just have some basic questions about which attachments I need to get. I've sent them a simple list of questions at least three times now ... sometimes emails get answered, sometimes I need to re-send them multiple times, and sometimes I get an email back - which doesn't answer the questions! If it weren't for all the recommendations about their quality, I would have gone elsewhere long ago.

I'm guessing that phoning them might be the only way to go - but that's kinda ridiculous, given that, for me, it's an international call. Ah well.

I had an issue with an order I placed with outdoorsmans this past fall. I ordered some tripod accessories and they were shipped and showed up on time. When I opened the package the multiple items I ordered were stuffed loosely into a plastic bag. They beat each other up in there pretty well resulting into some dings in the anodizing finish to a couple items.

Of coarse I was pissed and sent them an email.a day later one of the owners contacted me and offered full replacement. I declined stating that I am a hunter and the stuff will see far worse. He assured me the packaging issue would be dealt with as that is not acceptable for outdoorsmans standards. I am impressed with the quality of their products. Also I think the owners response to me means they are a good company to deal with.

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
never got a response.
too bad I didn't live close to store, I'd return the product. But online purchase you are screwed, shipping back and forth negates discount and reorder possibility.

how would you feel; buy one day and the very next day the items you bought were on sale at 10% off.

I bought a different brand tripod due to Outdoorsman no response to my emails. Can't complain about the Outdoorsman products I purchased, work great.

Kotaman

WKR
never got a response.
too bad I didn't live close to store, I'd return the product. But online purchase you are screwed, shipping back and forth negates discount and reorder possibility.

how would you feel; buy one day and the very next day the items you bought were on sale at 10% off.

I bought a different brand tripod due to Outdoorsman no response to my emails. Can't complain about the Outdoorsman products I purchased, work great.

Happens all the time, all over the world with every product imaginable. Sucks they don’t respond, but it really shouldn’t be their problem. Yes, it would be a nice gesture on their part, but it is what it is...

RdRdrFan

WKR
never got a response.

I’d be bummed but it is what it is. You were happy with your purchase prior to this posted sale. If they hadn’t offered a sale you would likely be very pleased with your purchase and not worry about it.

I’d say enjoy the superior products and forget about the “lost” money (that you were happy “losing” before you heard about the sale).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crusty

FNG
never got a response.

Bummer - it happens all the time. Go in to shop - buy something then see it in a catalogue for less.
Hey if you bought it today and tomorrow they put their prices up - Would you jump on and transfer them more money?

What would you think of the customer service if they rang you and said "I know you got your goods yesterday but today the price went up. Can we get your credit card details for the difference?"

You win some - you lose some - its not worth worrying about

Last edited:

MAVinWA

Lil-Rokslider
Based in WA, OTC archery public land in AZ, UT, so
UPDATE: 5/19/18
I was contacted via email by Outdoorsman. they issued a refund of 10% to my payment method, which should show up in the ccard account in 5-7 days.
their email mentioned "this was not the way they do business".
I chalk the late response up to tradeshow season and the busy, hectic time show season is. I know, been in the industry.
THANK YOU OUTDOORSMAN GROUP/STORE.
I'll be saving for your medium tripod for future purchase.

Broomd

WKR
Good thread all around. O makes a great product, and they did right by the buyer even though it wasn't mandatory. Good will gesture, and good result here.