Mystery Ranch on Optics Planet,

This needs to be a daily check...I picked up a scapegoat 35 for 170$ in the fall and the price was adjusted immediately after I added it to my cart back to 295$

NDGuy

WKR
This needs to be a daily check...I picked up a scapegoat 35 for 170$ in the fall and the price was adjusted immediately after I added it to my cart back to 295$

I was wondering if there’s a tool that tracks website prices. Could monitor OP haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
got my two packs today. good first impression on both them.

Kodos for optic planet coming in on tgese prices

The treehouse has a longer profile then i expected. should be great to carry a bow lashed to the pack as there is plenty of lenght to lash against.Might be a pain digging things out of the bottom of the pack when its hanging...or it might not. i need to try it a time or two.

the pocket layout is nice, very similar to the took box however with a more intuitive layout on the lid as its toward you rather then behind the pack.
lots of room here for anything youd bring on long sits. The ziper on the side are nice and kill the circle zipper on the sitka, easier to use, less zippper and more quiet. The hook closer in the center lid however could have neen better thought out. might be hard to acess in the dark. seems to ride well with the yoke and i cant see it being uncomfortable for anyone with avg size and carting a typical load for stand hunting.
Fit and finish is typical MR, Excellent.
i like it ... not earth shattering but a step up on the sitka version. maybe 7.5 out 10 for me...

This pop up 18....They hit it out of the park with this. I have 50 pounds of tube sand in the loadlifter now and am going to take it for a short hike after i get out of my office and wy posts the draw results. I will have a couple hours to play with it before my PM tour. TBC...
What's your thoughts on the Pop Up? Talked to a shop this week that said they had sold 6 of them so far and 4 had been returned because guys didn't like how they felt with weight. Curious as to your impressions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
What's your thoughts on the Pop Up? Talked to a shop this week that said they had sold 6 of them so far and 4 had been returned because guys didn't like how they felt with weight. Curious as to your impressions.

I’ve heard the opposite. These are not heavy loading packs. They are day packs with meat hauling capabilities. They will not feel as good as the guidelight with 60-80 lbs. Blackovis.com said they still feel pretty good but wouldn’t use it for constantly hauling big loads. That’s not what they are designed for.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’ve heard the opposite. These are not heavy loading packs. They are day packs with meat hauling capabilities. They will not feel as good as the guidelight with 60-80 lbs. Blackovis.com said they still feel pretty good but wouldn’t use it for constantly hauling big loads. That’s not what they are designed for.

You pretty much contradicted yourself by saying they aren't heavy loading packs but they have meat hauling capabilities. Heavy is heavy. Three guys who returned them tested them with sand bags to simulate meat hauling. They preferred their other MR packs to these. I like the idea, but if you're gonna say it has meat hauling capabilities, then it better handle weight.

NDGuy

WKR
You pretty much contradicted yourself.

How did I contradict myself? I said they are day packs with meat hauling capabilities. They don’t seem to be designed specifically to be carrying heavy loads frequently (hence pop up frame instead of constant load lifters like the guide light). It is possible to be able to accomplish something without being designed specifically for it......

sneaky

"DADDY"
How did I contradict myself? I said they are day packs with meat hauling capabilities. They don’t seem to be designed specifically to be carrying heavy loads frequently (hence pop up frame instead of constant load lifters like the guide light). It is possible to be able to accomplish something without being designed specifically for it......

Well, you ASSUMED that the guys I was referencing returned them because they were looking for heavy hauling packs. I never said that. They wanted a day pack they could haul meat with. They tried it out by loading it up with weight to simulate hauling out a quarter and didn't like how it carried. I simply asked for any other experiences with it and you took it entirely wrong from the start.

NDGuy

WKR
Geeze dude don’t get your panties in a bunch. I just replied with what I’ve heard from Blackovis and others on here like you asked for. Type in Pop Up 28 in the search tab and there’s an entire thread dedicated to discussing it.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Geeze dude don’t get your panties in a bunch. I just replied with what I’ve heard from Blackovis and others on here like you asked for. Type in Pop Up 28 in the search tab and there’s an entire thread dedicated to discussing it.

I'm not a bit upset, but the dealer I talked to sells more MR packs than BlackOvis does, and I know quite a few of those guys as well. I'm just waiting on Trial to chime in with his impressions which is what I asked for to begin with.

Trial153

WKR
I only loaded it with 50 pounds and did two miles with it. I am going load more weight later this week and side by side with my guide lite and Kifaru hunting platform.
so far my first impressions are very good. loaded with 50 in the load shelf it hauled really easy. It wasnt much of a test honestly.

Pop up 18 vs 14R

I carried the same 50 in a 14r and it was noticeably heavier a across the yoke in the 14r. I felt like I was close to my limit with 50 pounds in the 14r, not so with the pop up. With weight the pop up hauls wayway better.
The pop up vs the 14r wit Half the weight is a different ball game
the 14r is more comfortable, moves better with you and less stiff.
However its Pop 18 is way more stream line and lower profile.

it feels pretty much like a short guide lite frame, but the lack of frame hight is very noticeable, in a good way. The belt seems to have less volume across its entire lenth then the belt on the guide lite frame. The pop is more comfortable for sure without a noticeanle then the full guidelight.

I my gut feeling is that the pop up is going to be regarded as pretty specific in use.
Day hunts from a camp that i didnt pack into.
That covers 90 pecent of what a lot hunter do and need. so from a use consumner standpoint they should have plenty of guys to sell it. For myself though i am not sure i need to have a pack that is that narrow in scope. we will see

I have made one definitive conclusion though. I have way too many packs.

to be continued later in the week...

I received the pop 28 this past week and have been playing with it. I'm impressed so far. Packed water, snacks, spare shirt, etc and wore it for a full day of skiing. Fits nice and tight to your back. Put a 40# sand bag in the overload shelf and did a 3 mile hike and it did great. Now it's loaded with kids stuff and I've been running around the playground and climbing things with it. Very comfortable to me. For me this is a great day hike back back that you can then use for day hunts where you might pack out a quarter on the first trip. I had been using a stone glacier avail for this set up and the overload shelf is a nice add. This will be my day hike / day trip back pack and will use it on hunts where I'm just out for the day.

Last edited:
I only loaded it with 50 pounds and did two miles with it. I am going load more weight later this week and side by side with my guide lite and Kifaru hunting platform.
so far my first impressions are very good. loaded with 50 in the load shelf it hauled really easy. It wasnt much of a test honestly.

Pop up 18 vs 14R

I carried the same 50 in a 14r and it was noticeably heavier a across the yoke in the 14r. I felt like I was close to my limit with 50 pounds in the 14r, not so with the pop up. With weight the pop up hauls wayway better.
The pop up vs the 14r wit Half the weight is a different ball game
the 14r is more comfortable, moves better with you and less stiff.
However its Pop 18 is way more stream line and lower profile.

it feels pretty much like a short guide lite frame, but the lack of frame hight is very noticeable, in a good way. The belt seems to have less volume across its entire lenth then the belt on the guide lite frame. The pop is more comfortable for sure without a noticeanle then the full guidelight.

I my gut feeling is that the pop up is going to be regarded as pretty specific in use.
Day hunts from a camp that i didnt pack into.
That covers 90 pecent of what a lot hunter do and need. so from a use consumner standpoint they should have plenty of guys to sell it. For myself though i am not sure i need to have a pack that is that narrow in scope. we will see

I have made one definitive conclusion though. I have way too many packs.

to be continued later in the week...

What i heard was "sure ill sell you the pop up, i really dont need another pack":D

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
So figured I'd try my luck with optics planet 2 weeks ago, one week after these crazy prices. They've taken a full 2 weeks to finally semi answer my question and outright lied in the process, while having 4 different people respond to my emails 2-4 days later each time. Overall not impressed or entertained lol but hey worth a shot.

If you interested I emailed first asking basically "hey I saw I missed a hell of deal on MR packs last week any chance you can tell me future plans for sales like that"

response "tell me what products your talking about"

me "MR marshall and mule here are the item numbers upc's manufacture's id's etc and the prices I saw them (the ones you guys gave) and dates"

response "sorry we cant honor those other prices we never put MR on sale what the site says it what it is bye Felicia"

me "well actually those prices were from YOUR SITE and that wasn't my question I just wanted to know if you could tell me if you thought they would go back on sale and you obviously do put them on sale already"

response "nope not going on sale never where and any codes on our site will exclude MR too bad"

Well I'd still buy them if I saw those prices again cause they were awesome but I won't actively be shopping OP anytime soon with that CS lol

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
They actually said bye Felicia to you?

Lol no but basically. I tried to capture the spirit of their emails. Nothing they said was necessarily unprofessional in manner except for the we don’t put MR on sale and never will lie cause they currently have at least one bag 31% off lol

dotman

WKR
Lol no but basically. I tried to capture the spirit of their emails. Nothing they said was necessarily unprofessional in manner except for the we don’t put MR on sale and never will lie cause they currently have at least one bag 31% off lol

Well they don’t, it was a system glitch. Can’t get too mad at them for a mistake but they did honor it from what people are saying.