Mystery Ranch on Optics Planet,

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Except the bag that is currently and has been up to 31% off for 2 weeks, the scapegoat I believe it was. They’ve also offered similar sales around July 2017 to the “glitch” 3 weeks ago. I went into it not expecting anything and that’s what I’ve got plus a few laughs. Like I said won’t be shopping there actively with their response time alone but I’d pick up a bag if a glitch hits again. Thought others might find it funny/useful ymmv

NDGuy

WKR
Well they don’t, it was a system glitch. Can’t get too mad at them for a mistake but they did honor it from what people are saying.

Haha because clearly their plan was to put their entire MR line 30-50% off just after getting some in stock, especially the brand new packs! (Sarcasm)

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Still kicking myself over this one. Did anyone buy a MULE bag only and decide it wasn't for them? In the market for one...

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

NDGuy

WKR
Still kicking myself over this one. Did anyone buy a MULE bag only and decide it wasn't for them? In the market for one...

Have you seen it in person? I was let down by it personally it’s really small and has no storage compartments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
Have you seen it in person? I was let down by it personally it’s really small and has no storage compartments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I have not. Unfortunately the only dealers up here in Michigan only stock MR backpacking packs. None of the hunting ones. I have a 6500 Bag that is overkill for anything around here and was thinking this could haul my climber and a few things for the stand. Its this or maybe a loadcell and a drybag....

NDGuy

WKR
No I have not. Unfortunately the only dealers up here in Michigan only stock MR backpacking packs. None of the hunting ones. I have a 6500 Bag that is overkill for anything around here and was thinking this could haul my climber and a few things for the stand. Its this or maybe a loadcell and a drybag....

I am sure it would be okay but I would definitely at least check out the new Tree House, and Popup packs. Like I said I was not impressed with the Mule due to extremely small size and no organization whatsoever. It almost looks like it should be a storage add on for the Metcalf or Marshall lol

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure it would be okay but I would definitely at least check out the new Tree House, and Popup packs. Like I said I was not impressed with the Mule due to extremely small size and no organization whatsoever. It almost looks like it should be a storage add on for the Metcalf or Marshall lol

I use the Mule for day hunts for deer and antelope, and it works great. I put 70 oz of water in the hydration sleeve, kill kit, light puffy jacket, some food, headlamp, small first aid kit, etc. in the main compartment, spare gloves and beanie in the outer zippered pocket, and my trekking poles and/or small tripod for binos fits in the stretch side pockets. Not sure what else a guy needs for a good day hunt. If the weather is a bit colder, I will sometimes stuff a bigger puffy in a small drybag and slip it in between the pack and frame.

I shot and packed out an entire boned out whitetail with it. Since it fits on the Guide Light frame, the Overload Shelf is part of the Mule bag so carrying out what you shoot is no problem.

You can also get it as a bag only option, so you can swap easily between a Metcalf or Marshall when all you need to carry are the basics for a long day hunt that hopefully ends in carrying something out!

NDGuy

WKR
Not sure what else a guy needs for a good day hunt.

I was just let down that there is zero internal storage outside of the hydration sleeve. It's the same thing with the Metcalf. Just onecompartment less the hydration sleeve. I just wish they could make more packs like the Pintler with more pockets or zipper for organization. My biggest complaint with the Metcalf is it is a big clusterfu$% if you have that thing loaded up tight.

But I suppose with the Mule being so small it would be hard to lose items within it. Just for the money I would rather get a Popup or Pintler.

OP
Huntindog45
I was just let down that there is zero internal storage outside of the hydration sleeve. It's the same thing with the Metcalf. Just onecompartment less the hydration sleeve. I just wish they could make more packs like the Pintler with more pockets or zipper for organization. My biggest complaint with the Metcalf is it is a big clusterfu$% if you have that thing loaded up tight.

But I suppose with the Mule being so small it would be hard to lose items within it. Just for the money I would rather get a Popup or Pintler.
i really want to see the selway now. I think it is just a bigger version of the pintler.

OP
Huntindog45

i bought it when i posted this thing...and still have not received it. it might be June i guess before they send it out. My guess is optics planet realized they screwed up on pricing and are holding off hoping most people cancel their order.

Trial153

WKR
I got both my packs within a week after the order. Why not give them a call, might be something simple.