Any updates on Vortex Viper Spotter from Amazon

NDGuy

WKR
All I know is you sonsabit#&$ keep getting me excited when tapatalk buzzes and says this thread got another update..lol

NDGuy

WKR
An email just materialized from the interwebs requesting approval to continue with my order. The new ship date? June 10, 2018

Where do you see a ship date? Just in the email? On my Amazon account it doesn’t say anything for shipping date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you see a ship date? Just in the email? On my Amazon account it doesn’t say anything for shipping date.

My account says nothing regarding a ship date either. It was an estimate provided when asking for approval to confirm the order as a click through to Amazons site. It seems everybody else got the same email except with a 5/11 estimate for shipping about a month ago.

xziang

WKR
FYI everyone or anyone will apparently get one if the itme hasn't shipped after X number of days and they want to confirm you still want to wait basically. (30 days probably from when you ordered it)

I'm in it for the long haul if it comes at xmas time I'll still be happy.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
An email just materialized from the interwebs requesting approval to continue with my order. The new ship date? June 10, 2018

Columbus was that your first approval to continue your order request? Not sure if Amazon sends them monthly but I got my first one right at 30 days but nothing since. I think I had a May delivery estimate similarly during the approval process. Not in a rush but like I mentioned before I'd let a pricing error go if notified timely, 60 days later and a delay confirmation not so much.

That was the first approval request I received. I was expecting to receive the confirm at 30 days like everyone else, but never got it. I agree that for Amazon to come forward after all this time with an "oops" or a "sorry we can't deliver" would be in extremely poor taste.

In an online chat with customer service the other day, the rep insisted that mine would be shipped and that they were waiting on them from the manufacturer.

I could see Vortex having an issue with Amazon selling them below a predetermined minimum advertised price...

twall13

WKR
Somewhat unrelated but my experience made me think of this thread so I thought I'd share anyway. I purchased a couple sets of Talley scope rings on Amazon yesterday for a screaming deal ($12 each). This morning I received an email stating that it was a pricing error and my order was cancelled. They are now back up to around $35 again. Of course I can't be positive it would work the same in your situation but it seems to me that Amazon is going to honor the price on these spotters or they would have cancelled it long ago. How long it takes to ship is another story, but sounds like most of you are up for the wait.

Last edited:

Murdy

WKR
I've got deals in the 70% off range on Amazon before, Primos Power Dog a couple years ago for a little over $50, if I recall correctly, so while this is a very good deal, it is not unprecedented.
(turbo dogg maybe, the cheaper one, don't remember the exact name)

Hucker

Lil-Rokslider
So I ordered a high-demand Vortex scope on Experticity at the same time I ordered this scope via Amazon. I received an email from Experticity that the scope purchased through them just shipped today. Maybe Vortex just released a batch of scopes to vendors. Time will tell...

holmesac89

Lil-Rokslider
I chatted with Amazon about this yesterday. The guy I chatted with was trying very hard to get me to cancel my order. He gave me basically no new information and couldn't give me an estimated ship date.

AdamW

WKR
So I ordered a high-demand Vortex scope on Experticity at the same time I ordered this scope via Amazon. I received an email from Experticity that the scope purchased through them just shipped today. Maybe Vortex just released a batch of scopes to vendors. Time will tell...

Bum bum bum! The plot thickens! I'm really enjoying myself. If these spotters show I'm leaving it on my coffee table as a conversation piece. :D

Had to cancel mine. We moved and they wouldn't allow me to change shipping address.

Good luck everyone!!

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
You have got to be kidding me... I just moved to Idaho and was going to call this week to change the shipping address

I just moved as well. I hadn’t considered this. Just assumed it would be forwarded. I’ll leave my order as is and call my realtor when it ships.

Yeah I went from Ohio to Idaho haha. I do believe it’s possible to re-route if it’s through UPS and you have a mychoice account