Any updates on Vortex Viper Spotter from Amazon

Yeah if I were you guys I’d just wait and not harass them. They’re obviously aware they made a big mistake with the pricing algorithms so you might luck out if you don’t draw any attention to yourselves

For all of those who ordered and were upset that your order was cancelled, that you only received XX credit, or you were not happy with how long it took to cancel, let me ask you this: How can you even be upset that your attempted exploitation of an obvious mistake in pricing didn't work? What would you say if you were selling products and made a mistake on the pricing sign and a 1,000 customers lined up to take advantage?

If I saw that deal on Amazon Prime, I would not even try since I imagine that it must be a mistake and even if it wasn't, my alarms would be going off wondering how a deal could be too good to be true. I for one am a supporter of businesses and I am not out to cheat anyone. If the business made an honest mistake, I wouldn't even blink. Example, when my home builder made a mistake in math that benefited me for $15,000. I worked with them and never got upset, just collaborated to fix the issue, because it was a clear mistake of math skills, that's all.

I think they call that integrity. Or maybe it is just me.

And I challenge each and every one of you who is waiting for the order to come through to cancel your order. I challenge you. Show some backbone.

Haha didn’t realize it was so politically incorrect and morally corrupt to make a purchase on a retailers pricing error- get out of your ivory tower dude...

Ten Bears

WKR
amazon is worth nearly a trilliion dollars, operates a large percentage of our media in a biased fashion, famously is known to be a bad employer, and you are telling us to have integrity over trying to get a deal on a spotting scope ? do you have any idea of how ridiculous that sounds ?

nrh6.7

WKR
NZ, I'm with you on this one. This thread looks like a bunch of millenials complaining about not getting their way, all the while knowing it was a pricing mistake in the first place. Then threatening to cancel their prime membership and asking for store credit. Additionally, it does not matter how much amazon is worth, or their working conditions; it is about right and wrong. However, if they'd ponied up right away and sent the spopes then fine, but to drag this out all this time and then act like you're actually owed compensation for YOUR troubles is pretty sad and petty. Rant off...carry on.

Ten Bears

WKR
not a millennial or whatever that has to do with this. maybe people don't like how amazon went about it. mistake or non mistake people wouldn't be as mad if they simply contacted them and explained the situation. they instead dragged it on for months and cancelled without notice. if we owe it to amazon to have integrity don't we deserve the same or at bare minimum correspondence? that's not a whole lot to ask for. i didn't ask for anything from them, they offered after i mentioned i might cancel my prime account. which for many reasons has been subpar of late, mostly due to constant late shipping and the fact it took multiple people to even get a response.

Anyone else care to comment? Anyone else have the guts to stand up and argue your point? Because so far I got:

Haha didn’t realize it was so politically incorrect and morally corrupt to make a purchase on a retailers pricing error- get out of your ivory tower dude...

= It's my fault.

amazon is worth nearly a trilliion dollars, operates a large percentage of our media in a biased fashion, famously is known to be a bad employer, and you are telling us to have integrity over trying to get a deal on a spotting scope ? do you have any idea of how ridiculous that sounds ?

= It's Amazon's fault

not a millennial or whatever that has to do with this. maybe people don't like how amazon went about it. mistake or non mistake people wouldn't be as mad if they simply contacted them and explained the situation. they instead dragged it on for months and cancelled without notice. if we owe it to amazon to have integrity don't we deserve the same or at bare minimum correspondence? that's not a whole lot to ask for. i didn't ask for anything from them, they offered after i mentioned i might cancel my prime account. which for many reasons has been subpar of late, mostly due to constant late shipping and the fact it took multiple people to even get a response.

= It's still Amazon's fault.

Anyone?

Nobody here is upset about not getting a scope. The way amazon acted by cancelling people’s orders when they didn’t want them cancelled, cancelling orders without telling people they were getting cancelled, cancelling orders because they were “unavailable” from the manufacturer, etc. is why people are pretty annoyed about it. As a consumer in a capitalistic country, you pay a retailer what they are charging for an item- nothing more, nothing less. Just because we knew the scopes were worth more than advertised doesn’t mean it’s our moral obligation to let amazon know about their pricing algorithm problem.

And nobody ever said it was your fault or amazon’s fault. You trying to call people out and telling them that they aren’t up to your moral standards- that just makes people not take you seriously because you’re acting like you’re better than them. And just because you say you would do the things you say doesn’t make you better than the next person. It is amazon’s fault with the pricing error. And for people to make a purchase based on that error- tbere is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

True. I’m done commenting- don’t feel I need to explain for myself or anyone else. Hopefully you other boys end up getting your scopes!