Any updates on Vortex Viper Spotter from Amazon

Gonewest

WKR
X5

Yesterday the price went up to $900. Today the price was removed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbuckus

WKR
X8
I’m expecting they will cancel it or never fill it.
But you never know. It is worth a shot

X10 - Nothing yet...I've seen Amazon not fulfill an order in a situation similar to this. I believe they offered a $10 credit on my next order. Worth the shot and many thanks for posting.

NDGuy

WKR
I think they'll honor if there is only a few hundred orders. Trouble is I think there is well over a thousand orders, which would be a lot of money lost by them. I think someone said that price was there for over a week. Another thing that worries me is it says not sold by Amazon anymore, only 3rd party sellers. Which usually means they are not responsible and do not have to honor pricing errors.

That's the risk you take when you post on popular hunting forums as well as the crap load of people that utilize camelcamelcamel.com. So many people take advantage they have to cancel out of necessity.

Just think if there are 1000 orders. 1000X$600 discount=$600,000 loss by Amazon. Ya they aren't honoring shit if that is the case. haha

bowhnt

Lil-Rokslider
I think they'll honor if there is only a few hundred orders. Trouble is I think there is well over a thousand orders, which would be a lot of money lost by them. I think someone said that price was there for over a week. Another thing that worries me is it says not sold by Amazon anymore, only 3rd party sellers. Which usually means they are not responsible and do not have to honor pricing errors.

That's the risk you take when you post on popular hunting forums as well as the crap load of people that utilize camelcamelcamel.com. So many people take advantage they have to cancel out of necessity.

Just think if there are 1000 orders. 1000X$600 discount=$600,000 loss by Amazon. Ya they aren't honoring shit if that is the case. haha

When I ordered mine it said sold by amazon for that price.

NDGuy

WKR
When I ordered mine it said sold by amazon for that price.

Not anymore. Says only available through 3rd party sellers. Did you screenshot? It won’t matter otherwise.

Point being either way I doubt they will take a several hundred thousand dollar hit from this. I hope I’m wrong though!

Murdy

WKR
I suspect the orders from this site are a drop in the bucket. Lots of others browse Amazon.

That said, remember the markup on these things is probably huge. It's not like they were selling them at cost and will lose $650 on each scope they sell. Might be worth the good will to them to honor the price. My dealings with Amazon in a couple of questionable situations have always been good.

They're also probably not going to lose a lot of profit. There's probably a near-unlimited supply of these things--Vortex can keep cranking them out. And those of us that jumped on the bargain price probably aren't going to buy at full price anyway.

NDGuy

WKR
That said, remember the markup on these things is probably huge. It's not like they were selling them at cost and will lose $650 on each scope they sell.

Derp don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Still even if markup is huge that’s gotta be near or under cost for them. Still could be over a hundred grand lost for them.

Amazon should totally make it right though! Show some support for us outdoorsman :)

ckkone

Lil-Rokslider
I have screen shots of the product page (and yes it says ships and sold by amazon.com), the 4 I bought in my cart and order details page.

CorbLand

WKR
Mark up on optics isn’t what one would think. I can tell you that at that price that is well below cost.