Rtic coolers

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i just figure i would mention, they have the worse customer service i have ever seen. they make comcast look like a customer service oriented company. i do however wish you luck and hope you dont have any issues with them.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
Beware: My rtic lid warped so bad within 6 months that my $40 colman now holds ice better. They would not honor their warranty in a way that I felt represented good CS. Not entirely sold on the high dollar coolers. Out of the 4 yetis myself and friends have, 2 of those lids have warped as well. Have not had any issues with rtics soft sided coolers.

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
my issue was the same on the the hard side cooler. on the soft side cooler the insulation pulled off the interior.

colersu22

WKR
Do you guys leave them in the back of the truck all year long? I use mine for camping/hunting/scouting and have never had an issue and it is going on 2 years old now but probably only 100 days in the bed of the truck.

Jd259

WKR
I have five of them and never had a single problem with any of them I love them and will buy many more I’m sure.

xziang

WKR
All of my coolers from there are great. Customer service was top notch when a friend needed to contact them for a discount they were offering if the price went down after he bought his cooler.

NDGuy

WKR
Great coolers I was going to get one until I got in on that Grizzly cooler deal 2 months ago. $170 for the 75 qt was a no brainer.

Call me behind the times, but I still don't get the luxury cooler thing. I've never broken or worn out my Coleman Extremes, and last I cared to research, they held ice just as long, or at least close. Are you guys dropping them out of trucks or running them over that you feel the need to spend that much on a cooler? Is it the bear-proof thing? I know they do look cool and all, but man, I really need more convincing than that. Maybe I'm just a miser.

NDGuy

WKR
Call me behind the times, but I still don't get the luxury cooler thing. I've never broken or worn out my Coleman Extremes, and last I cared to research, they held ice just as long, or at least close. Are you guys dropping them out of trucks or running them over that you feel the need to spend that much on a cooler? Is it the bear-proof thing? I know they do look cool and all, but man, I really need more convincing than that. Maybe I'm just a miser.

That is why you buy them used or super cheap.

I have Coleman's as well. Shitty handles and latches break pretty easily is why I upgraded. They definitely still have their use though.

jm1607

WKR
I was going to buy a Canyon Cooler or Pelican but my wife surprised me with a RTIC 65 for Christmas.. I think she paid a little under $200 out the door, they were on a big sale..

So far I love it.. For the money it's pretty unbeatable.. If I ever have a problem I can go bitch at them in person, their headquarters are literally 10 min down the street from me

I would still rather have a Pelican or Canyon BUT I really have no complaints yet..

Only thing that I don't like about them is their past history.. Not as bad as Atlas but they did screw alot of people.. It's been a while though so most people don't remember..

Last edited:

JonS

WKR
I have a soft 30, had water get inside the lining. Called, sent mine back at my expense, they shipped me a new one.
Seemed pretty simple. Wish the zipper was bigger and beefier.

I have an RTIC and a Siberian cooler. The RTIC is a better cooler and it was a lot cheaper, even though I bought them both on sale. I'd buy another RTIC for sure. They get toted around all summer for my daughter's swim meets, camping trips, etc., and my wife even agreed that it's worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HookUp

WKR
I have one yeti and four rtics. Two soft sides and two hard sided rtics. They are all great and I would buy rtic before buying another yeti.

jmz82

FNG
I was looking for a quality cooler recently and wasn't going to pay the premium yeti charges. I found a few reviews on Vibe (the kayak maker) that were good, their 75 goes for $200, I used a 20% off coupon ebay had and got it for 160 a few weeks back. Its been sitting on my deck with beer and pop for the past 4 days and hasn't lost much ice. I'll note though that it has only gotten up into the 50's when I live.

I have an RTIC and a Siberian cooler. The RTIC is a better cooler and it was a lot cheaper, even though I bought them both on sale. I'd buy another RTIC for sure. They get toted around all summer for my daughter's swim meets, camping trips, etc., and my wife even agreed that it's worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This was a helpful comment. Is there anything specific you could share comparing the RTIC to the Siberian? I'm looking at both options and was recently turned on to the Siberian after watching a video posted by Coolers On Sale.

This was a helpful comment. Is there anything specific you could share comparing the RTIC to the Siberian? I'm looking at both options and was recently turned on to the Siberian after watching a video posted by Coolers On Sale.

I would like to hear the answer to this as well? I had a RTIC and my wife bought me a Siberian for Christmas. I feel just the opposite, as the Siberian seems to be better built fit/finish. Sold the RTIC for next to nothing because the lid was starting to warp a bit and I got no love from Rtic.

Trial153

WKR
My buddy has a Rtic that he modified as a bait bucket, the lid got jacked up and he couldn’t get them to cover it under warranty. It’s a hell of a nice bait bucket though, holds herring great during stripper season.

Last edited:

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
I have a RTIC 65 in tan that I won in a raffle from the AZ Elk Society. I've had it over a year and it's held up great. Take it camping a ton and hauled out parts of an elk last fall. When not in use, it sits on my back patio in the PHX heat. No issues with anything being warped when it hit well over 110* for multiple days on end last summer. Only thing is it's pretty heavy when filled with ice and drinks. It's awkward trying to get it out of the back of my 4Runner by myself. I need to look into some sort of mod where I can get it on wheels. That would probably make it much easier to move around.

That being said, for the yearly week long houseboat trips to Lake Powell...the RTIC stays at home and I prefer to bring a 150 Igloo Marine cooler. Easily moved with 2 people, just be sure to replace the crappy plastic hinges with metal cabinet hinges. No, it does not hold ice as long as the RTIC, but it has much more space at about the same weight.