Active Junky & giftcards?

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have been buying the cabela's giftcards off ebay with plans to pick up a pair of SLC 10x42's, and planned to buy them thru active junky. While looking around their site I noticed under their ammo policy it states "PLEASE NOTE: 2% Cash Back will be paid on Ammunition/reloading components and ammunition accessories and 1% Cash Back will be paid on all firearm purchases including upper receivers & barrels. Cashback will not be paid on the purchase of Gift Cards"

Has anyone used the Cabela's giftcards thru Active Junky and received cashback? If not I will buy the binos in store.

colonel00

WKR
I have been buying the cabela's giftcards off ebay with plans to pick up a pair of SLC 10x42's, and planned to buy them thru active junky. While looking around their site I noticed under their ammo policy it states "PLEASE NOTE: 2% Cash Back will be paid on Ammunition/reloading components and ammunition accessories and 1% Cash Back will be paid on all firearm purchases including upper receivers & barrels. Cashback will not be paid on the purchase of Gift Cards"

Has anyone used the Cabela's giftcards thru Active Junky and received cashback? If not I will buy the binos in store.
That's a purchase of a gift card, not with a gift card. Same reason most places don't accept coupons on the purchase of gift cards.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

idahomuleys

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like they are saying you cannot receive cash back if you PURCHASE a gift card. Not if you purchase with a gift card.

bigharge

WKR
Yes you are good, I have received cash back on a purchase made WITH a gift card at Cabela’s.com through active junky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigharge

WKR
Also if you can be patient on your purchase just wait them out and they will run a 10% cash back eventually. I was in the same boat with some of those gift cards and was waiting for awhile and caught them on a 15% cash back, makes a difference on a 3k purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jsunkler

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I should brush up on my reading comprehension..... Sorry guys! I appreciate the clarification

I don't mean to be dense, but Active Junky (and other cash back portals) typically do NOT give gash back when purchasing WITH gift cards. In fact, they state it on their website (see #4):

Why didn't Active Junky track my transaction?
There are several reasons why we cannot track a transaction: There are certain instances when retailers can’t prove that you made the purchase from Active Junky. When this happens, the purchase doesn’t show up on our end, we do not earn commission and we subsequently have no cash back to give you! Here are the main causes for confusion:

1.You tried to use multiple discounts from different websites before completing the purchase.
2.You clicked a link from another affiliate marketing site that negated Active Junky's tracking.
3.You spoke with a site's customer service and they took down your credit card information to make the purchase. This doesn't allow us to track your purchase since it was not made directly from an Active Junky link.
4.You used Rewards Points, Gifts Cards or other discounts that the retailer does not allow to be credited to affiliate sites.
5.You used a coupon code found on another website which credited that website for the purchase, not Active Junky.
6.You clicked on a link from a retailer or an email from another site.

I see where you guys above claim to have gotten it, but I can't help but think that you have only received cash back for the portion paid for with a credit card, or that you might have seen the cash back as pending in the account, but then never actually turning into available cash back. If you have actually received the full amount, then count yourself lucky, because you're not "supposed" to have gotten it!

Pete