Who knows Cabela's algorithm?

A short time after every time I make a sizeable purchase at Cabela's I get a card for a sliding discount based on how much I spend. Up to 20%. Had anybody figured out how much you have to spend and how quickly that comes afterwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ever since the BASS pro take over the sale items and discounts to me have been way less. the best deal is to get the 100$ Ebay cards for 80$. then use the Cabelas club card when they run a 10% off. to answer your original question i dont know the cut off but ive spend thousands over the years and very rarely get a catalog. i think they know who spend and therefore dont give those people any discounts. lol...

Remember when there were like 1000 rock bottom deals daily and now there are only like 50? Bogus.

Remember when there were like 1000 rock bottom deals daily and now there are only like 50? Bogus.

As somebody who runs a website for hunting deals and needs content, I find their lack of deals frustrating, but I have to remind myself that Cabela's was not profitable and there is a reason they were sold to Bass Pro. I just hope they don't go full Bass Pro and have nearly no hunting gear sales or discounts. Same with Gander Mountain. They had better deals than Gander Outdoors, but went bankrupt.

I don't think the big box retailers can compete on price with the online market. It's way cheaper to dropship or have an optimized warehouse than a huge retail showroom.

Wheels

WKR
I spoke with a Cabela’s employee in the bargain cave the other day and he said they plan on shutting down the bargain caves in stores. Said that since Bass Pro took over they have quit dealing on bargain cave items also. Used to be able to get them to up the % discount in the cave, but they wouldn’t budge. Several items that have been sitting on the shelf for months, but the discount hasn’t changed.

Trial153

WKR
Taps is the song for cabelas ..

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

xziang

WKR
I have noticed samt thing too with bargain cave along with online rockbottom deals. Bargain cave is not what it used to be thts for sure! Very sad with the state cabelas is going into unfortunately.

Devonian

Lil-Rokslider
ever since the BASS pro take over the sale items and discounts to me have been way less. the best deal is to get the 100$ Ebay cards for 80$. then use the Cabelas club card when they run a 10% off. to answer your original question i dont know the cut off but ive spend thousands over the years and very rarely get a catalog. i think they know who spend and therefore dont give those people any discounts. lol...

Can you pay off the credit balance with the gift cards?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have never bought a single thing from Bass Pro, even though I have two gift cards sitting here and a local store that opened a few years ago. I think I just realized why. Because everything I've ever bought from Cabela's was on sale or in the Bargain Cave. I never see those same kinds of deals at Bass Pro. Even with gift cards I can't bring myself to pay full retail.

Colberjs

WKR
I spoke with a Cabela’s employee in the bargain cave the other day and he said they plan on shutting down the bargain caves in stores. Said that since Bass Pro took over they have quit dealing on bargain cave items also. Used to be able to get them to up the % discount in the cave, but they wouldn’t budge. Several items that have been sitting on the shelf for months, but the discount hasn’t changed.

I sure hope this isn’t true. That’s pretty much the only department I spend money in.

NDGuy

WKR
Won't be long we won't have any big box retail stores. Everything will be sold via online retailers.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I have never bought a single thing from Bass Pro, even though I have two gift cards sitting here and a local store that opened a few years ago. I think I just realized why. Because everything I've ever bought from Cabela's was on sale or in the Bargain Cave. I never see those same kinds of deals at Bass Pro. Even with gift cards I can't bring myself to pay full retail.

I'm pretty sure you can use those gift cards at Cabelas now that BP owns them.

AdamW

WKR
Won't be long we won't have any big box retail stores. Everything will be sold via online retailers.

I would guess that Cabela's/BP are big enough that their sales and tracking systems don't drop discounts until they need an uptick in sales and those mailed coupons etc. are an on the fly exercise, at least a good chunk of them.

Bl704

WKR
I would guess that Cabela's/BP are big enough that their sales and tracking systems don't drop discounts until they need an uptick in sales and those mailed coupons etc. are an on the fly exercise, at least a good chunk of them.
Propensity, profitability and (purchase) behavioural models generally drive these sorts of campaigns across retail, banking and products companies. Some campaigns are scheduled (holidays, life events, anniversaries, etc).

The hit to margin is baked in and (generally) the cash flow statements aren't going to move with one customers sales/offers.

I'm putting away my work hat now...