Coffee !!!!!

epicaaron

Lil-Rokslider
I usually use via or go with fresh coffee using the GSI pourover setup:
Ultralight Java Drip

The gsi is light enough that on long trips I'll bring it and 2-3 cups worth of fresh grounds, and via for the rest; if i'm feeling haggard, or have meat hanging I'll brew up a real cup as a treat.

Lots of climbing folks love alpine start instant (I haven't tried it yet): AlpineStartFood | Alpine Start Premium Instant Coffee

If I'm going stoveless in the AM to get out the door faster I'll mix via iced coffee with cafe latte flavored Hammer Perpetuem for a morning shake that kind of tastes like a milkshake and will help me get the calories down while I'm hiking in the dark.

Anybody used the Espro Travel Press. Reasonable weight at 10oz for a press you can also drink from and seals up tight for a hot coffee later.

I haven't but a friend who has tried almost everything like it said it's awesome. I have personal experience with a very similar product, the bobble presse, which is a little heavier at 12.8 oz but also holds a little more liquid.

Trader Joe's has instant coffee packets with cream and sugar in them. I used those last year when I wanted something different from the Black Timber coffee.

Pgohil

WKR
So bummed. I order the black rifle instsnt sticks. Did not like then at all. Coffee didn't seem to have any strength to it. I even dropped down to 6oz of water to a pack.

Please don't take this as a cut on the company. I plan to try some regular ground coffee they have next. But for instant, this will not work for me.

If anyone is on the edge about it, and wants to try it, I'll send the remaining 8 packs to whomever PM's me first with an address.

The guys at Exo Mountain Gear sent me a little freebie gift bag back when I bought my pack. In it was Mount Hagen Instant Organic Coffee. I've since purchased the little packets from Amazon. I'm not a coffee snob or an organic snob; I enjoy the Mount Hagen Instant as much as anything else I brew at at home.

I've tried a variety of items (Starbucks Via, MSR Mugmate, Snowpeak Ti Press) and my favorite so far for lightweight is the Jetboil Coffee Press. It's light, works great with my modified Titanium Jetboil cup and packs nicely into the cup along with my stove and small fuel canister.

The MSR Mugmate works decent, but a lot of small grounds seem to make it through. Waiting to drink a cup fixes it and the bottom sludge can be rinsed out easily.

The Snowpeak Titanium press is really nice and runs a very very close second to the Jetboil press. If hunting with two guys, the Snowpeak is nice since you can be making up more hot water to pour into the Snowpeak for another cup of coffee.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
Wow you guys got to tell me where your camp is when I am out in Idaho!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jason_307

FNG
I buy diy teabags off of Amazon called T-Sac in the number 2 size and fill them with my favorite coffee from a local company.

Bulldawg

WKR
I buy diy teabags off of Amazon called T-Sac in the number 2 size and fill them with my favorite coffee from a local company.

I didn’t even know this was a thing! I’m gonna give this a try for sure, it’s much much cheaper if it works like it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracker12

WKR
Small french press and good coffee grounds. With all the s&*T I carry that I never use its worth it to have a good cup in the morning.

Muttly

WKR
Yup, coffee snob. I,ll buy it, roast it, just got home and there's 14 lbs of green beans showed up in the mail. Grabbed two folding pour over baskets last fall, pretty much forgot about em till I saw this thread..gonna hafta try em!
Tried dragging the aero press along on a two night trip, ended up just using the Vai packets instead..