Coffee !!!!!

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using my jetboil with the coffee press and drinking the black rifle CAF or Fit Fuel. Been great for me, instant would be nice though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Folgers is just a no go! Alpine start and Starbucks have been my go to’s. Dark Timber is coming out with their instant soon and it’s going to be legit. Plus he’s an awesome dude 100% for hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
We liked the Dark Timber a lot, but had to double up how much we used versus how much they suggested because it wasn't strong enough. Have gone back to VIAs.

Squirrels

WKR
Tried dragging the aero press along on a two night trip, ended up just using the Vai packets instead..

I just got an aeropress, it makes such a great cup that I'm thinking of dragging it along. It's just so dang good and easy to use.

Outlaw99

WKR
Just tried the Tioga instant, by far the best I’ve had by a long shot. Google them and give them a shot

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Update from me: Black Rifle coffee just came out with their instant coffee. Can’t wait to try it. I’ll be doing a stick of theirs and a packet of the dark timber vapor

Update from me: Black Rifle coffee just came out with their instant coffee. Can’t wait to try it. I’ll be doing a stick of theirs and a packet of the dark timber vapor

I think this is actually there 2nd try.
They had sticks fall of 2016 that I used this year.
I've heard on some podcasts instant is hard to do.
Hopefully 2nd try is better at least there committed to trying and I love supporting those guys.

I wish there was a better middle road. I hate messing around with coffee but cant live without it.
I'll prob be making my own tea bag packets with black rifle this year.

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
I don't judge anyone's style of hunting as long as it's legal. But the coffee snob in me is getting real judgy right now. Fresh roasted and fresh ground with a pour over, areopress, or french press for me. I'll get up extra early just to enjoy it. Nothing beats it.

I don't judge anyone's style of hunting as long as it's legal. But the coffee snob in me is getting real judgy right now. Fresh roasted and fresh ground with a pour over, areopress, or french press for me. I'll get up extra early just to enjoy it. Nothing beats it.
You do this while chasing bugles every day with camp on your back, sleeping wherever it gets dark?

Historybuff

Lil-Rokslider
You do this while chasing bugles every day with camp on your back, sleeping wherever it gets dark?
No, my coffee methods are more suited to antelope, black bear and deer. I've only hunted two cow elk tags. But if you need a coffee guy to pack out your bull give me a holler.

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Gotta just go with cowboy coffee. Just boil the grounds in water. A splash of cold water will settle the grounds to the bottom of the pot. Pour a cup and enjoy. Don’t drink it all the way to the dregs, throw them out. And whatever you do...NEVER WASH THE POT. I like my coffee really strong and even made cowboy coffee at home. Now that I’m married and “civilized”, we have a coffee pot. It’s not the same.

I stumbled across these and just tried them. They work very well. I can have a good cup of joe and no clean up or mess of a press or reusable filter.

Amazon.com : Jasmine Cafe Premium Single Serve Disposable Drip Coffee Filter Bag - Hanging Ear Drip Coffee Bag - Tea Strainer & Filter - Perfect for Travel, Home, & Office - 60 Count : Sports & Outdoors

That looks good and I would bet tastes better than the Folgers and Maxwell house tea bag type I have been using.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone used the BRCC instants yet? Never been a big fan of instant even hunting, just used a java drip and brcc murdered out