Coffee !!!!!

pbcarch

WKR
So i haven't had instant coffee since I was a kid camping with my family and it was all Sanka then. What are you guys bringing into the back country with you ?

Paul

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hot button topic around here. Multiple threads on it. Guess it really depends on how big a coffee snob you are. I use Starbucks via because it's ok coffee and convenient to bring along.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They drink a lot of instant in New Zealand and I had Medaglia D'Oro when over there and really liked it. Found it here at our local grocery. I'm not a coffee snob by any means and just prefer it black. As stated a lot of threads on this subject.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
If backpacking, Starbucks VIAS as it is ok and simple. For home and car camping I like a Cold Brewed coffee. Its easier on my stomach than other brew methods. Just add hot water to it and good to go.

OP
pbcarch

pbcarch

WKR
Sorry guys I should checked old threads first. Thanks for you input

Paul

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Owenst7

WKR
Real coffee grounds. I pour the slurry through my mosquito headnet into the $2 Starbucks cup. Headnet filters better than my French press at home.

Tleek

Lil-Rokslider
I pack Starbucks via or even Folgers instant. I don’t like instant and tend to chug it down quick to get that caffeine. I love coffee but not enough to carry a Backpacking French press and would probably destroy cowboy coffee. Instant is convienant. Sometimes I’ll bring some of that instant latte stuff and use that as creamer in my instant.
I also bring tea.

Bulldawg

WKR
For those of you that have used the black rifle coffee instant, how is it? As far as instant coffee goes starbucks is hard to beat, but I'd like to get away from that if I can. The Dark Timber is pretty good but it is a little weak, can't use that much water with it.

Squirrels

WKR
For those of you that have used the black rifle coffee instant, how is it? As far as instant coffee goes starbucks is hard to beat, but I'd like to get away from that if I can. The Dark Timber is pretty good but it is a little weak, can't use that much water with it.

I ordered some last week, should be here any day and I will report back. The Starbucks is pretty decent, I tried the Folgers instant last year and I am determined to find something else.

Black rifle has a good flavor but seemed a little week. I'll prob just use 2 packets to 10oz. But I love supporting these guys.

Dark timber was pretty good, just may have to let it soak longer, I dont have time for that archery season.
Just saw a new brand at sportsman's warehouse cant remember the name but they called it a pocket pour over. Kinda spendy at 2 each.

Squirrels

WKR
google search black rifle insta sticks and follow the link...I could not find it on their site either by searching within their page

Squirrels

WKR
Anybody used the Espro Travel Press. Reasonable weight at 10oz for a press you can also drink from and seals up tight for a hot coffee later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: