kydex sheath

I have couple from 7 Rattles Bushcraft.

7rattlesbushcraft custom kydex knife sheaths and holsters made | 7rattlesbushcraft Custom Kydex Knife Sheath and Holster Maker

Top is 7 Rattles sheath for my Ontario Ranger Falcon, bottom sheath was the bulky original sheath.

2Zu7awN.jpg

Here's the other one I had 7 Rattles make for my BK2.

xeMGpD9.jpg

Depending on how fancy you need it, you can make your own. I bought some kydex on Amazon, a bag of rivets and a rivet tool, and built a press out of scrap wood and some of the foam floor mats from Harbor Freight.

The process is simple. 1)Heat the kydex in the toaster oven until it is plyable.
2)Fold it over your knife (masking the knife first keeps scratches off).
3)press the folded kydex between two pieces of foam and hold for about 2 minutes.
4) drill and rivet where you want it.
5) trim with scroll saw, hacksaw, bandsaw, etc. then sand it smooth

You can add various clips and such to get it exactly how you want it. If you screw up, just heat it up and re-shape it.
How to Make a Kydex Knife Sheath - YouTube

KYDEX(R) | Knife Making Kits & Supplies | KnifeKits.com

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
It's not hard to DIY. The biggest thing is cost and will you make enough to make it worth it. I did a write up a little while ago here- DIY Kydex Holster

If you can get a couple buddies who want some kydex stuff done you can offset the cost for foam/dies and any other tooling you need.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk