Headlamp Flashlights

104TN

FNG
If you're looking for something a step above the Petzl and Black Diamond headlamps I'd recommend checking out the Skilhunt H03. At half the price of Zebralight's H600Fd III, the H03 is the best value headlamp available IMO.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
What does everyone use or recommend ??? don't want to spend a ton of money, but a good light is always a must have.

I would agree with the others that mentioned the Black Diamond Storm. It's durability combined with all the features most people would need make a great overall headlamp. There's definitely a reason it's one of the most popular on the market.

The ReVolt is a nice option too if you really need USB recharging, but I haven't personally ran into a battery issue with my Storm.

Eric4

Lil-Rokslider
I owned a Black Diamond Storm for about 3 years, until it stopped working in the middle of a hunting trip. BD did replace it with a current model, but it will now be my backup.

Currently using the Thrunite TH20, and it has been great. It takes a single AA battery, or the better performing, rechargeable 14500 Li-ion. The TH20 is very simple to use, and is made of aluminum and rubber instead of plastics. It lacks features like a wide flood-light, or red/green, but I plan to DIY a red filter to velcro over the light for hunting trips.

Used the lamp last night for a grape harvest, worked perfectly. It got covered in sticky grape juicy by the end, but the o-ring seal gives me confidence to hose it down clean.

Amazon.com: ThruNite TH20 Cool White 520 Lumen CREE XP-L LED Headlamp: Sports & Outdoors

Batteries I use:
Amazon.com: EBL Pack of 4 3.7V 800mAh 14500 Li-ion Rechargeable Battery with Storage Battery Case: Health & Personal Care

Light weight USB charger:
Bundle: Olight Portable Universal Magnetic USB Charger (UC Charger/Cable Charger for Travelling) for 14500 16340 (RCR123A) 18500 18650 22650 Rechargeable Batteries with Olight Patch - - Amazon.com

dtrkyman

WKR
I have a zebra, h600 or something, takes 18650 battery...It may be the worlds best light but I wouldn’t know, it has been back at zebra more than with me in the 2 years I have owned it.

They may also have the worst customer service I have ever dealt with in the outdoor industry, and I used to manage an archery pro shop so I’ve dealt with many!

I know have a functioning light but I have little confidence in the light, last January it crapped out on me humping down a nasty switchback downhill in Az. Could not get the light to work the rest of the hunt, although I did wake up in the middle of the night and it had turned itself on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldawg

WKR
I rock a zebra light, never had an issue, besides the fact that I accidentally hit the button and it was on in my bino harness, but that only happened once. I like it a lot, if I need to see something, it’s always bright enough to make it happen.

mtnkid85

WKR
I rock a zebra light, never had an issue, besides the fact that I accidentally hit the button and it was on in my bino harness, but that only happened once. I like it a lot, if I need to see something, it’s always bright enough to make it happen.

Giving the tail cap a slight twist to break the battery contact will keep this from happening. I always make it a habit when I stuff mine into the pack.
My very first H600 Zebra got messed up to where it only had its two high modes, but since that one Ive had several others that have been trouble free.

HookUp

WKR
Petzel Takktika green, red and blue lights. 3 stages of head light all the way to 250 lumens. Its crazy bright when I light something up in the dark.

45-70

FNG
Another ZebraLight user. I carry two H604's. One is a Floody version that is perfect for working a kill after dark as it puts a lot of light over a large area. I find that while using a Floody, I can run the light brighter without eye fatigue since the light is spread over more area.

Rokwiia

WKR
Another ZebraLight user as well. I've arranged all of my lights so they run on the same battery type, CR123, which makes buying and bringing batteries much easier.

Very pleased with their lights.