Petzel e lite as main lamp?

amp713

WKR
So I picked up the e lite as a back up and I seriously want to run the nylon strapped one as my main too. Anyone only taking them out? Are they enough light?? The one I got is the wire style one.

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
I think they are good back ups, but not bright enough for most activities.

That's what I worried about. Mine just showed up and I'm heading out in the AM to test it as I hike into my glassing spot

snowplow

WKR
In like a bit more light for my main. Petzel makes another full size wire type too though l noticed today. I love the retractable cord!

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

blackdawg

WKR
My main headlight died the first day of one hunt last season, used the petzl e light all week. It was terrible, but it did work all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsnedeker

WKR
I actually prefer the red light on the eLight to the red proximity light on my black diamond headlamp! The eLight's red light is actually a beam so you can shoot it at your feet in the dark and see where you are going. The proximity light on most headamps I've used are totally worthless for hiking in the dark.

Now for bright white light there is no comparison. The eLight is a backup, not a primary in my opinion. If I'm trying to do any real work in the dark (gutting, skinning, packing, etc.) I want a real headlamp.

I use one for my back-up as well, but it doesn't have the brightness or battery life to be my main headlamp.

SoTxShooter

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen one first hand. Nice little light for camp, but I wouldn't use it for much else.

MIKEYB

WKR
petzl e-lite and another brighter zipka petzl are on massdrop now for $25 or amazon for about $30.

I agree the e-lite is a great back up not enough for me as a primary.

Great little light. We used them to butcher an Elk and pack it about a mile, but my answer is NO.