MSR Reactor sizing

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Looking to upgrade from my jetboil, but I’m not sure the majority of my canisters will fit the 1L reactor. Reading online has told me they require the redesigned 227 g canister.

Real world size weight is it worth getting the smaller 1L instead of the 1.7L?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ahlgringo

WKR
I have both. I like nesting the cans in the 1.7 and therefore take it more often. I am too cheap to buy the little cans of gas.

OP
HankBC

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
I have both. I like nesting the cans in the 1.7 and therefore take it more often. I am too cheap to buy the little cans of gas.

That’s what I was wondering. The smaller cans are good for one trip. Then when there’s only half of a small can left, it leaves me trying to figure out when to use it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davebuech

WKR
I Like the 1.7 the canisters fit and although it's a bit heavier, when I need a bomb proof stove that's the one I reach for. I take a Soto and a light ti pot for solo/lightweight excursions when not expecting uber windy conditions
A bigger pot is not always a hinderance. If there is 2 or more of us, plenty of room to boil for everyone. If Im solo, I boil a cup or more than I need for dinner/rehydration, seal the pouch and put it in the pot with the left over water to keep it hotter. If not hot enough, easy to reboil the water that's left in the pot or if I don't finish and want to reheat later Im good to go. In the am any left over water becomes water for coffee.