Lightweight handsaw.

I’m looking at purchasing a light weight handsaw,
Anyone have any experience with durable but light weight options?
Will be used for sheep and elk hunts in northern Alberta, Canada.
Used for cutting wood for my tent stove.

Thanks for any input!

104TN

FNG
Check out some of the Silky Gomboy and Bigboy videos on YouTube.

There's nothing else like them for processing wood quickly.

I'll second the Silky - I have the pocketboy (should have went with the gomboy) but it's a solid little saw and can cut ~3/4" rounds no problem.

For base camp I don't think you can go wrong with a Sven Saw either. It's actually not too heavy at all so you could pack it

rayporter

WKR
saw

a 21 inch sven that is 29 years old has served me well. if I were to buy a new saw it would be either a bob dustrude or a little dandy.

I got the Sven, folds pretty small, is light enough yet durable and will cut any rounds I need for my 10" stove

bsnedeker

WKR
If you're just doing quick maintenance, than the Bahco might be good, but this has had good reviews...I'm looking at buying one myself.

Agawa Canyon Boreal 21 Saw

You do have a really good point...I've used the Bahco to keep a small fire stoked for a short period of time and it worked well, but if I was doing it every day a 2-handed option is going to work better.

mtnhmr

FNG
You know the Stanley 10" SharpTooth Saw (utility) is a gem for all types of uses (i.e., bone saw/wood saw); in Northern Canada, we stock up on these when they go on sale at Canadian Tire. :)

The best thing about this saw is the ability to remove the wooden handle and add anything you want, such as a light weight piece of hdpe .

oldgoat

WKR
I have the big Silky for treestand trimming, it's not near as light weight as the Bob Dustrude! It is a nice saw, I don't see it for backpacking.

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
I rock the Silky Ultra Accel curved. I carry it on backpack hunts. I should probably get a smaller one, but it glides through rounds so easily that it always seems to find it's way into the side pocket of my backpack. Making short work of really good fuel for my titanium stove is nice. It slices through sternums, spines and pelvises like butter though. Yes, I'm the guy breaking animals down for interesting cuts and butchering techniques. I have zero experience with any other saw. Maybe I should grab a pocketboy this year and try it out.