Hunting/Shooting Earpro- OTTO Noizebarrier Experience/Review

Titan

WKR
They seem like a overly expensive version of the walker in-ear ones. Those can be found for $160 or so.

Same NRR and custom fit.

OP
O

Oldirtdog

FNG
From what I've gathered about the Walker Silencer's, they have a serious battery drain issue (parasitic drain even when turned off), sub-standard sound quality (with only one setting/mode), issues with wind, and not very durable. I also wanted to get something that is rechargeable.

After looking at Walker's website, it looks like they will be releasing (no date) an enhanced rechargeable bluetooth version with multiple program settings among other features for $299 MSRP.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
See my classified ad for this one...

WTS Starkey SoundGear in-ear electronic shooting sound supression

OP
O

Oldirtdog

FNG
Well I decided to take the plunge and picked up a set with the last eBay sale. I'll report back after I test them out at the range/woods.

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently running the OTTO NoizeBarriers. I have had them for about two months. haven't had to recharge the main battery pack yet and have used them for 7 PRS shoots I ELR shoot and a weekend out scouting. So far I have zero complaints, after our hunting season is done around here i was going to write up a small review on them.

Attachments

• 20180812_162633[1].jpg
    20180812_162633[1].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 35

jlw034

FNG
Any update on these after hunting? Thinking of grabbing some.

Mostly wondering about how it handles wind.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider

Been using these a ton since the review at PRS/NRL shooting matches and still performing flawless, no wind noise and great battery life. I haven't used them for hunting yet as my hunting rifles are all hushed by suppressors but may use them this weekend if I take a co - worker out Sunday to try and fill his elk tag.

Last edited:

Mosby

WKR
It seems it is between these and the Peltor TEP 100 in this general price range. Looking at reviews, it seems people are happy with both. Has anyone used both and have a preference?

kbaerg

Lil-Rokslider
If I could afford it I would have liked to compared a few of the different types out there, I know from talking to others at shooting events who were using the OTTO, said that they liked the OTTO hands down to what they had prior. Some where coming from the earmuff style and some where coming from other in the ear brands. The most I can remember people saying was the wind noise is non-existant with the OTTO and the performance was better along with the fitment as well. Some people like in the ear hearing protection and some don't so there is also that too.