Flat bricks for weight

Randle

WKR
I read a article about using flat cinder blocks for weight training, has anyone done this? . 14 lbs apiece , tape 3 together seems like it would make a good 42 lb weight . Anyone try this ? Hows it work? I have 2 pallets of blocks on the property so I may just give it a go.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
For me its hard not to use 50 lbs salt bags. At a few bucks a bags its hard to beat. They wont be as hard on your bag as a cinder block would be. If you have them laying around you might as well try.

If using the bricks make sure you wrap them good so they don’t wear a hole in your bag. Even wrapped I’m not sure I like the hard edges in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like they'ed be really hard to lash down and they're really abrasive with pointed edges (not going in my pack). FWIW I use a bag of Lime and a bag of wood pellets.

mtholton

FNG
I got pavers for 1.50 from home depot. They weight 20 lbs each and wrapped them in old towels and covered with duct tape. modular and soft so it won't wear the bag.

play sand for children's sand box in 25 or 50 lbs bags works for me

I use play sand in ziplocks in 10 and 20 lb units so I can mix nd match.

+1 for wrapping. Old towels and chopped up sleeping pads with lots of duct tape.

Bricks and play sand are really abrasive. Salt is corrosive.

Until recently, I would use bags of water softener salt, then when they show anything close to wear, cycle them for a fresh one.

Then I found shredded rubber. There are lots of places to get it, but it is even cheap from Home Depot sold for around plants. Soft, heavy(enough), and cheap.

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Well I wrapped 3 in duct tape to keep them together, and then old carpet, then taped again. they fit great in my exo crib panel, then I have 12 and 20lb sand pills , that I can add in when needed. 74 lbs that's plenty to train with. thanks for all the input.