Best game bag at holding shape with boned meat?

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
TAG, Caribou, or something else? And I'm talking breathable game bags, not dry bags, silnylon or anything like that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
They all turn to balls of jello. The only thing that seems to work well is stuffing boned out meat in undersized bags so the tightness holds the shape. That said it comes at a price, more handling, smaller pieces, more surface are for exposure to air, dirt ect
As for bags them selves ..I have used tag bags, Caribou game bags, Allen, Black ovis....honestly i don’t pay enough attention to any difference in them. I haven’t had any not work at or fail.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do you use so many game bags do you just throw them out after a single use?
They all turn to balls of jello. The only thing that seems to work well is stuffing boned out meat in undersized bags so the tightness holds the shape. That said it comes at a price, more handling, smaller pieces, more surface are for exposure to air, dirt ect
As for bags them selves ..I have used tag bags, Caribou game bags, Allen, Black ovis....honestly i don’t pay enough attention to any difference in them. I haven’t had any not work at or fail.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
TAG BOMB bags work great and hold their shape. Only one I've had to replace was my fault not paying attention and putting a slice in a bag building a meat pole.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes i consider them disposable, i am not messing with washing and reusing them.

To each their own. We have several sets of tag bags we've been using since they first came out, many of them for multiple animals each year. We soak them in cold bleach water for a day or two and then wash and dry in our home washer and dryer. Most of them come out looking nearly new.

They do develop tears or cuts sometimes over time ( usually user error on our part) and then I patch/sew them if the site of the tear allows it.

DWarcher

WKR
Kuiu Boned-Out Meat Bags...it's not even close.

Jf2bVDR.jpg