Garmin Fenix 5 longevity

So I've been on the fence for a while now in purchasing a Garmin Fenix 5. With the release of the new models (Plus models) my interest has heightened. The addition of music is a big bonus for every day workouts, gym, cycling etc. I know that it won't replace a standard GPS unit but the ability to route and pair with other devices is appealing. I recently purchased the InReach mini as well.

My question for those who have been running the Fenix line is how long has it been on your wrist and how long do you anticipate it being a viable piece of tech? I know this is subjective but it is a lot of money to shell out for a watch that will only last a couple of years...

Does anyone have any of the new releases? The Plus models?

Many thanks

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just picked up the 5x plus last month. I was honestly skeptical about the maps, and how good they would be. Coming from a Fenix 2 that i bought used 3 years ago for $200 (currently seeing them sell used for $120) i was not sure if battery life would be as good as they say, especially with smartwatch notifications AND heart rate going 24/7. But the battery is better than expected, lasting 7 days or more, and that includes an hour or more a day of activity/gps tracking. The addition of Galileo gets my GPS signal in SECONDS even in the house. And the maps are not just usable, but down right quick. (i know the 5x plus is the faster model with the most battery life) I love the "near me" functions in town too. It connects with all of my old heart rate sensors, my garmin mini, AND my Garmin Xero sight. The build quality on this watch is over the top. I have on doubt that this watch will last for as long as i want to continue to use it.

I know that is a lot of info and kinda all over the place, but hope that helps. If you have any specific questions, let me know and ill do my best to answer. We are an authorized Garmin dealer, so we can get you guys pretty much anything you want. We will have this watch up on our sight soon.

rob

TBarron

WKR
Been running one since Christmas and absolutely love it. Battery life is pretty incredible. I only charge it once a week. I use it for fitness more than anything but have used the breadcrumb on the GPS a few times out in West Texas to keep from getting lost. Like any other tech it’s got limited shelf life but something pretty big would need to come out like having inReach messaging inside of it for me to move away from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlyGuy

WKR
Is it possible to store podcasts instead of music? That's all I listen to anymore while running.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

S&S Archery (Rob)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just FYI, I have had a few guys try to message me about the Fenix. Please do not message me via Tapatalk pm. It simply has never worked right. Please message me via rokslide pm and I'll get back to you asap!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk