Spot gen3

Has anyone else had problems with SPOT emergency locator services? I have the Gen 3 messenger and canceled my subscription a few months back anticipating that I would not be using it for a while. Turns out they continued to charge me. I have been trying to contact customer service to get the problem sorted out but they won't respond. Was on the fence about switching to the Garmin Inreach, but this experience has pushed me over the edge. It seems like like they are making it difficult to cancel on purpose.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Were you on a monthly plan? Up until a few months ago, at least in Canada, you could only buy service 1 year at a time, which you could make monthly payments on, but you're still obligated to pay the full amount

You could always call your credit card company and put a stop payment.

slowelk

WKR
They renew automatically even with an annual subscription. Wait times are brutal, staff is not helpful, it will be a good day when they close up shop.

Lawnboi

WKR
Mine just renewed at 185 bucks. Had I know I would have canceled and went to an Inreach. I use my spot enough, but that's 3x as much as I paid last year.