Tag storage

huntdoc

FNG
Wasn't sure where to post this, figured this was as good as other forums. New to western hunting and trying to figure out best place for tag, habitat stamp, archery stamp, etc. Seems to be a lot of paper that I don't want to screw up. Using AGC bino harness and was thinking about using one of the pockets with everything folded in a ziplock bag. Good or bad idea? Hunter ed card will be in wallet. Thanks in advance.

Bulldawg

WKR
I usually keep mine in my kill kit or just in the back of my AGC. And I never take my wallet with me to the woods. But some guys can’t go anywhere without there’s I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owenst7

WKR
Kill kit. Helpful reminder to punch my tag before I do anything, and I'll be screwed if I forget either of them so I might as well keep them together. One less thing to dig out of my pack I suppose.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I store them with my camo. When actually hunting I put all necessary paperwork in my binocular harness pocket.
b260a773b415859da8a8d62f5826f3ec.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
I keep mine with rubber bands a miniature ink pen and zip ties in a small zip lock bag. I put it in my pack lid because my pack goes on every hunt. I don't always have my binos. I do some day hunts in spots where binos are of zero use.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I use a zippered ID pouch. I keep my DL, a CC, cash, and tags in it around my neck. I leave the wallet at home.

Attachments

• 100_3849.jpg
    100_3849.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 96
Everything goes in a zip lock in the back of my bino harness. Wallet stays in the truck and I always have my bino harness. Dont forget a pen if its required for your states tagging requirements.

Randle

WKR
I keep mine in A small pullout in my pack, my go everywhere kit, which has License, tags, fire starter, E lite head lamp, lighter, space blanket
Forgot that spare TP is in there , just in case the main mountain money runs out or is forgotten . Thinking I might add a havalon too

Last edited:

gumbl3

WKR
Every hunt I draw gets its own ziplock bag for tags, licenses, rules/reg. When I'm packing I grab the right ziplock and it goes in a chamber pocket

ScottinPA

WKR
Tags, pen, small roll of electrical tape, and small remote for taking pix with phone in a very small drybag in my pack. I also have PDFs or photos of tags/receipts saved on my phone. Old drivers license for ID also in drybag. Wallet stays at home/truck.

jmez

WKR
Ziplock bag in my kill kit. Kill kit is small blaze orange dry bag. The only thing orange in my pack.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Carlin59

WKR
Ziplock bag in the flat back pocket of my AGC Bino case. Makes it much easier to show a warden when checked than digging out my kill kit from my main pack. Bino pack comes with me all year for every trip.

Went paperless with myodfw app
What in the wide wide world of sports? Is there still a way to punch your tag when our out of service?

It’s amazing what can happen when you combine tech and game management. Not at all surprised from the state that’s the home of the first city with free WiFi coming out of the ground.