Water bladder?

OP
E

Eric27

Lil-Rokslider
I got the source 3L and it's great I like it better than all my other hydration systems , I've used platypus, eastmans, and badlands, it feels and fits great in my backpack

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

+1 for source.

I was a long time camel back guy. Still own 1 or 2. Source just seems to have dial in all the issues I ever had with camelback. The ability to open the end. Change out valves and hoses easy. Locking valve. It just works.

I've used both Camelbak and Source over 10-15 years and will now only use Source. Stronger, no dodgy funk or plastic taste.

jpolson

Lil-Rokslider
Huge http://www.geigerrig.com/ Fan. Not the lightest but its basically indestructible. If you youtube Geigerrig you can see all the destruction testing they do on it.

Example

[video=youtube;ESi-JBcW2Ac]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESi-JBcW2Ac[/video]

This unique design has a pump that you can pressurize the bladder with. Its a seperate chamber also and if you couple this with a sawyer mini its a pretty nice setup.
Best bladder out there bar none.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16 KJV

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a 3L Hydrapak. Haven't had any issues with it at all, and I can snap together the baffle in the middle of it and shrink it down to a 2L size.

+1 for source.

I was a long time camel back guy. Still own 1 or 2. Source just seems to have dial in all the issues I ever had with camelback. The ability to open the end. Change out valves and hoses easy. Locking valve. It just works.

Can you hook up a katadyn filter right to the bladder like you can on the camelback?

inupiat1

FNG
I just don't like the prices, I'm cheap. I have two of the USMC Camelback 3L. One came with my pack and the other with carrier I got brand new for $40.

One other thing that I've been working with is using multiple Vapur Element water bottles to distribute the load around my pack, something I learned from this forum or maybe Bushcraft.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
you talkin source outdoor or source tactical gear?
what model are all the source guys using?

Last edited:

TheCougar

WKR
I'm a big fan of MSR Dromedary. Those things are bullet proof. I carry a 70oz camelback and a 100oz dromedary.

I don't know.... I have a few different bladders, not sure there is a "best" bladder.

Some I like because of thier shape, like the Badlands square bladder that fits certain pack pockets/lids that others don't.

Others, like the Playpus bladders and bottles, I like due to thier cap system & variety. I even found a pump spray head that fits thier thread pitch that I use to spray citric acid on my kill to prevent flies & bacteria.

I also have a Source bladder that seems to handle mixed drinks w/o tasting funny.

I have a Hydrostorm that seems to get used a lot as a grab'n go scouting bladder and is also my main inline filter bladder. QD fittings and I can connect just about any other bladder to it for gravity filtering.

I also have a big 7L MSR Dromedary that I use as a shower bag and filtered water camp bag. Always nice to turn a spigot and have filtered water for meals etc.

Each I like for different purposes, features, sizes, and attributes.
Hunt'nFish

Colby Jack

Lil-Rokslider
6L dromedary and 3L dromlite have been flawless. Simple design with nice easy features like a hang grommet. Don't over think it. I like simple. KISS.

goph707

FNG
I have a Source tactical 3 liter. Great bladder...however the hose on mine is 3 inches too short. Anyone else have this problem? The hose on my Camelback and Platypus are plenty long.

you talkin source outdoor or source tactical gear?
what model are all the source guys using?

Amazon.com : Source Tactical WXP 3-Liter Hydration Reservoir System with Storm Valve, Coyote : Sports & Outdoors

That's the one I've been using since 6/2014. The threads for the cap are the same as that on Nalgene bottles. My water filter (Katadyn Hiker) attaches via friction into the hole perfectly. I don't beat the crap out of the bladder, but it does get abused a bit. The hose on mine is plenty long.

One of my buddies complained about the plastic taste from his Platypus bladder for a couple times out. I never had that issue with my Source. If it ever breaks, I wouldn't hesitate buying another.

skindaddy

Lil-Rokslider
thanks ive got a few on order from source directly, think i will have an extra one i might sell to , coming that far i ordered a couple different ones.

edit just came today! ordered aug 26th i think

Last edited: