Katadyn Hiker pro compatibility

Hi everyone,

Wondering what bottles and/or bladders work well with the quick connect system on a katadyn hiker pro? I'm sure I can probably make about anything work but just wondering what works well.

Thanks

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Use my Katadyn hiker pro with a platypus bladder (pre hoser type but hoser would work just fine too). Connected the quick connects on the hose portion. Only issue is the amount of air that can enter the bladder when filling it in your pack. Other than that it works great

Friendly FYI on that filter, I blew up 2 units filtering dingy water. When they start to clog at all stop and clean or you risk the check valve getting sucked from its purch into the unit making i t very hard to use. You then have to pump one way then pinch water line then pump then pinch and be a manual check valve.

Friendly FYI on that filter, I blew up 2 units filtering dingy water. When they start to clog at all stop and clean or you risk the check valve getting sucked from its purch into the unit making i t very hard to use. You then have to pump one way then pinch water line then pump then pinch and be a manual check valve.

rubber band a coffee filter around the part thats in the water if the waters scummy or shallow could help

Johnboy

WKR

This concerns me. The Hiker Pro is the filter I'm planning to take to northern AK this September for a float hunt. It's a clear river, though (not silty). And I have a Sawyer mini as a backup. Between these two filters, hopefully I won't have any issues.

oldgoat

WKR
Nalgene bottle goes right on, it didn't fit to my Dromedary bag, I just use the tubing to fill it up! I also used a coffee filter over the intake.. Make sure you keep your intake and outflow tubes segregated so you won't cross contaminate!

Used my hiker pro and camelbak antidote bladders last year. Quick disconnect worked great. Plan to do the same this year.

molon labe

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This concerns me. The Hiker Pro is the filter I'm planning to take to northern AK this September for a float hunt. It's a clear river, though (not silty). And I have a Sawyer mini as a backup. Between these two filters, hopefully I won't have any issues.
Used mine last year to pump water for three guys for 8 days up there with no problems. I've never had any trouble with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Flashmo

FNG

Don't fret it. I have 2 PUR Hikers that are both about 15 years old. Both are in use all summer.

I use the inline fittings to fill my MSR 3 liter Hydromedary. Used this system for a long time now with no problems. I have the Katydyn hiker pro as well. Change the filter every year and don't try to "force" extremely silt water through it. Use an extra shirt, coffee filter, sock or something to stop the silt before it hits your filter. Sometimes if the water has lots of junk in it I'll dig a little side pool with my hands and then have a snack and glass while the sediment settles. I have blown up Platypus bladders with it, that's why I switched to MSR. There is no doubt they are tougher.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
My Katadyne fits great with my new Source low profile water bladder. The quick connects are the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
You will have no issues in running water.

If you are drawing water from a pond I suggest the coffee filter trick.