Getting my bike cycle hunting ready.

inupiat1

FNG
I will definitely post up on it, however it will be a while. No urgent need and lack of expendable income at the moment delays it as well. From reviews, they appear to be a solid option.

One other thing I was looking to check out was the Rambo bike/hand cart. Made for Rambo bikes, but probably compatible/modifiable with other bikes. It is rated for 300 lbs.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

spmc

FNG
2b6401a44ff0500f4193e577cee3091c.jpg

Picked this up tonight for free. Trash pick up night in our neighborhood. Going to build a hunting setup.

Reviving an old thread...what is the best way to haul a bull elk out on a bike on dirt trails (no gravel roads or anything comp-arable)? Is there a sufficient and universal HD rear rack and pannier system that'll work?

I ran a rear shelf for my tree stand but found a good deal on a BOB trailer. I like the trailer so much better than the rear shelf. The rear shelf is great for light loads but the trailer is much better for hauling a tree stand. My experience is all on flat terrain. 20170701_085753.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I ran a rear shelf for my tree stand but found a good deal on a BOB trailer. I like the trailer so much better than the rear shelf. The rear shelf is great for light loads but the trailer is much better for hauling a tree stand. My experience is all on flat terrain. View attachment 77435

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not much in the way of trails where I'm going so a trailer isn't an ideal option.

Scrappy

WKR
Ok someone set me straight here before I kill myself. I plan on using my kifaru pack loaded with all my gear going in on my back. I have a rear rack and bags on bike for a few days worth of extra food as well as a few odds and ends. No real weight.

I'll be going in on a single track trail and if successful bringing some meat and camp back out in pack on first trip then returning as many times as necessary to get all meat out.

I've been training with fifty pounds in the pack on mountain bike trails as well as climbing the hills around the house.

So with all that said, is this not a doable way to go or should I have bought a trailer?

Poser

WKR
Can ride comfortably with 50# on your bike?
Sounds pretty terrible to me but if it’s working, go for it.

The only thing I would suggest is having 180mm brake rotors in the front and back. All that weight up high is going to need some stopping power.

Boreal

WKR
I’ve got a Salsa Spearfish 29er that I converted to 27.5+ running 2.8 inch tires. The extra traction is amazing, highly recommended. I use a Burley Flatbed trailer, rated to 100 pounds, and I’ve had more on it. Tracks very well and rides better with a load than a converted child trailer. I load my gear in dry bags for the ride in to camp, nothing on my back. No taint busting! I hauled a full quartered, bone-in caribou out with that trailer without any hiccups. I might consider going with Burley’s fatter wheels and tires, but the standard tires have worked well for the mining road I used for access.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk