ATLAS Cooler & Tumbler June 2016 Group Buy-- Customer Feedback

Tbuckus

WKR
I'll just say this, I asked probably 10-12 companies to do a head to head no bs test. 4 believed in their product enough to agree, a few others had "stipulations" and a lot didn't respond past a few emails. That should say enough about who's cooler is better.

I"ll apologize in advance if I misunderstood what you meant in your response.
The video was not done by Igloo. YouTube 5 day ice challenge. Very straight forward test. Igloo did not win, but kept up with the more expensive ones. It was just in my price range.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I"ll apologize in advance if I misunderstood what you meant in your response.
The video was not done by Igloo. YouTube 5 day ice challenge. Very straight forward test. Igloo did not win, but kept up with the more expensive ones. It was just in my price range.

Do you have a link?

Zbot

WKR
Atlas website is down...atleast from this computer it is. I wanted to see if there was any change to order status....guess I got my answer.

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
ATLAS Cooler Refunds:

Fellow Roksliders-- If you ordered Atlas product and have not gotten it, I encourage you to file a credit card dispute claim to try to get your money back.

If your bank is saying you're past the time limit, then show them the string of texts (below) that I received on August 18, 2016 from Ben Jones, Atlas' President. He clearly reaffirms and states the coolers have arrived in Houston and will be at his location one day after release from the Houston Port (train port that is). All of us relied on him in this update and other updates he gave along the way-- that he would actually ship the coolers. In my mind, his continual re-affirmations (or deceptions) should each RE-SET the "timing" stake in ground. If Ben later decided to convert the order shipment to some other purpose or if the order shipment never actually existed, then in my mind, timing should start after his most recent mis-representations.

Remember too, that Ben also texted me a photo image of a container "shipping notice/invoice" back on July 22nd, stating that that container was already nine days overdue to California from China. He later confirmed in a call that that particular container also held our Group Buy order.

Here is the 8/18/16, text stream I exchanged with Ben (any typos are as-written):

From Ben to me: "Ben, I apologize for the late reply today. Your freight has arrived in Houston, but is has gone up for Customs Exam. So it is not available yet. Please advise if we are shipping responsible for delivering this shipment? and if so, can you please provide the delivery address?"

Ben then sends me this text to clarify where that text came from: "From my customs broker on the coolers"

Me to Ben: Cool that it is in Houston. Timing to your dock?

Ben to me: 1 day once it's released

Me to Ben: ...Given customs review?

Ben to me: Not sure why it's held up but I'll call tomorrow to find out she hasn't answered my email

Me to Ben: BTW- I thought customs in CA cleared it... weird

Ben to me: They do, but this is a different warehouse port of Houston

Ben to me: Zika thing going on right now is all I can guess. They just changed some things on fumigation

Ben to me: for zika

Me to Ben: Oh. Makes sense I guess.

Ben to me: I'm just guessinf. They just send automated emails and that's the last one I got

Me to Ben: Hope they are fast. Well, we'll know soon enough.

I then called Ben and told him I was soon heading out to hunt, he told me that he expected the coolers to arrive at his place that following week and would start shipping them on Friday (8/26) or Monday (8/29).

Fellow Roksliders, I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by this mess. I hope the above logical points hope in refund discussions that may be needed.

Best,

JL

Ben Nicholson

Lil-Rokslider
ATLAS Cooler Refunds:

Fellow Roksliders-- If you ordered Atlas product and have not gotten it, I encourage you to file a credit card dispute claim to try to get your money back.

If your bank is saying you're past the time limit, then show them the string of texts (below) that I received on August 18, 2016 from Ben Jones, Atlas' President. He clearly reaffirms and states the coolers have arrived in Houston and will be at his location one day after release from the Houston Port (train port that is). All of us relied on him in this update and other updates he gave along the way-- that he would actually ship the coolers. In my mind, his continual re-affirmations (or deceptions) should each RE-SET the "timing" stake in ground. If Ben later decided to convert the order shipment to some other purpose or if the order shipment never actually existed, then in my mind, timing should start after his most recent mis-representations.

Remember too, that Ben also texted me a photo image of a container "shipping notice/invoice" back on July 22nd, stating that that container was already nine days overdue to California from China. He later confirmed in a call that that particular container also held our Group Buy order.

Here is the 8/18/16, text stream I exchanged with Ben (any typos are as-written):

From Ben to me: "Ben, I apologize for the late reply today. Your freight has arrived in Houston, but is has gone up for Customs Exam. So it is not available yet. Please advise if we are shipping responsible for delivering this shipment? and if so, can you please provide the delivery address?"

Ben then sends me this text to clarify where that text came from: "From my customs broker on the coolers"

Me to Ben: Cool that it is in Houston. Timing to your dock?

Ben to me: 1 day once it's released

Me to Ben: ...Given customs review?

Ben to me: Not sure why it's held up but I'll call tomorrow to find out she hasn't answered my email

Me to Ben: BTW- I thought customs in CA cleared it... weird

Ben to me: They do, but this is a different warehouse port of Houston

Ben to me: Zika thing going on right now is all I can guess. They just changed some things on fumigation

Ben to me: for zika

Me to Ben: Oh. Makes sense I guess.

Ben to me: I'm just guessinf. They just send automated emails and that's the last one I got

Me to Ben: Hope they are fast. Well, we'll know soon enough.

I then called Ben and told him I was soon heading out to hunt, he told me that he expected the coolers to arrive at his place that following week and would start shipping them on Friday (8/26) or Monday (8/29).

Fellow Roksliders, I cannot tell you how disgusted I am by this mess. I hope the above logical points hope in refund discussions that may be needed.

Best,

JL

Have you filed a complaint with the TX attorney general, and if so have you shared all of this info with them? Have you had any contact at all from atlas since you've been back?

Thanks!

xziang

WKR
I actually am not sure. I filed a claim with the CC but I did not get any notice the claim was settled or closed or anything. I just noticed the credit to my account yesterday.

2.00 your CC company just credited it to your account and are still in the process of receiving the funds back from Ben Jones

(This guy)

Trick

FNG
2.00 your CC company just credited it to your account and are still in the process of receiving the funds back from Ben Jones

(This guy)

I thought I was over the anger that I had over this mess, but that picture makes me want to punch something.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
Has that face that just makes me want to punch it. haha. Can't wait for the bankruptcy filing and then see the next company start up.

OP
GotDraw?

GotDraw?

WKR
Hi Ben-

I reached out to Ben/Atlas numerous times after my hunt- via cell phone and text... zero response from him so far.

I didn't contact the TX Atty Gen'l, but that's a good idea. Until I thought about, then posted the list of Ben's text, it hadn't occurred to me that the ongoing deception may change the way credit card companies look at the transaction timing.

Don't know what action, if any TX would pursue. Me and an entire group of "lifetime" members once got in dispute with the gym we joined when the gym basically cancelled our memberships. The AG's office in my state was just this side of useless, but maybe the TX AG's office has real teeth.

JL

Have you filed a complaint with the TX attorney general, and if so have you shared all of this info with them? Have you had any contact at all from atlas since you've been back?

Thanks!

Ben Nicholson

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks! I know a few of us have filed complaints with the AG, but since you've had the most contact with atlas I would guess that any documentation you could provide them would be helpful. At any rate, I hope you aren't beating yourself up to much over this. He lied to you just like he did to the rest of us.

Colberjs

WKR
So, is there anybody left who hasn't cancelled their order and requested a refund either through their card company or the website? I was trying to hold out for the cooler just to make him hold up his end of the bargain but I've about decided to jump ship with the rest of you.

xziang

WKR
Canceling your order I don't think is viable now since their website is not accessible. (down/gone) Only option is to file a dispute with the CC.

Colberjs

WKR
Just spent almost an hour at my bank filing a dispute. They weren't able to give me a definite answer as to whether or not I could get my money back due to the elapsed time since ordering. I forwarded them screenshots of the replies you guys have gotten from Atlas and she said that would help.

I talked to Ben a few weeks ago. He told me that he had no plans on sending coolers to anyone on the group buy. He answered my call due to it being a local number. I think we should contact the local police and file charges. You can file in your city but it would probably be easier to all file with the same department. With the website and social media being down that is leaving us with no way of canceling our orders.

I talked to Ben a few weeks ago. He told me that he had no plans on sending coolers to anyone on the group buy. He answered my call due to it being a local number. I think we should contact the local police and file charges. You can file in your city but it would probably be easier to all file with the same department. With the website and social media being down that is leaving us with no way of canceling our orders.

Yep. Sounds like fraud and theft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk