Affordable puffy coat

adamm88

WKR
What are some options for affordable puffy coats? As much as i want a first lite or kuiu its not in the budget this year. What are done options sub 75 preferably...its one of my last things i want before rifle season.

colonel00

WKR
I've heard people talk about the puffy from Costco. I haven't really looked at it though but I think it's like $20

Ray

WKR
My problem with puffy coats is that I find ones I like when they are being discontinued and I don't bother to buy several at the time. I have an old reversible hooded puffy from Wildthings Tactical. Has not been made in years. I also have one of Cabelas puffy hooded coats that was being discontinued and on sale. Both these coats are perfect for what I need them for and were under $75 at the time of purchase.

So, spend some time online shopping for sales. They happen all the time all over the net.

ljalberta

WKR
I've heard people talk about the puffy from Costco. I haven't really looked at it though but I think it's like $20

Costco Puffy

Definitely not the warmest, but possibly the most affordable. I have a different brand down jacket from Costco that is absolutely perfect for the early seasons in Alberta. Come late September/early October though and I start to add an additional layer.

Cabelas had one I picked up last year for $30. Swear it is as warm as my first lite.

mcseal2

WKR
Not the cheapest, but I got the waterfowl camo color Sitka Kelvin jacket a while back off Camofire. It is warmer and I like it better than my Core 4 puffy or the Kryptek Aquillo version. I wear it under the Kryptek Dalibor II when it's cold enough and love it.

I have an old Montbell down puffy I got used off ebay that I used for years. It was cheap, warm, and weighs 9oz. It served really well until I got it worn enough it started leaking feathers pretty bad, probably as much from abuse in my pack as when wearing it. If it stayed dry it was warm.

My favorite thing about the Sitka is that it's longer than the Kryptek or Montbell. The Core 4 is fairly long also but not as thickly insulated or as warm. I want a longer jacket that won't leave my back exposed when I bend or lean over. It can be important to me when spending a lot of time glassing or sitting in ambush.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Eddie Bauer is the only way to go. Real down and they cover just about anything that happens to the jacket. Wait till Black Friday, they are known for good sales.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
Eddie Bauer is the only way to go. Real down and they cover just about anything that happens to the jacket. Wait till Black Friday, they are known for good sales.

This. Eddie Bauer is always having good sales. I have their puffy vest and really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jtw

WKR
I picked up an 800 fille storm down jacket from eddie bauer that was a few seasons old for dirt cheap when they had a 50% off clearance sale. Depending on your size I'd watch sites like steep and cheap and rei garage for discontinued jackets. Some absolute steals come up some times, but don't expect to get the color you want.

Lukeyn

Lil-Rokslider
I got a mt. Alverstone puffy from midwayusa. It's noisy but it keeps me warm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Costco Puffy

Definitely not the warmest, but possibly the most affordable. I have a different brand down jacket from Costco that is absolutely perfect for the early seasons in Alberta. Come late September/early October though and I start to add an additional layer.

This is the best deal going on down coats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I found the First Lite Puffy for 213$ on Midway. I had to snag it. Glad I did it is a great puffy. going to be my go to this next year. I also have the Kifaru Puffy but man its bulky but the warmest I've ever used.

Tbob

Lil-Rokslider
I scored a really nice Mt Hardware hooded puffy off of backcountry.com for 50% off and it's awesome! I got a black one as I don't really feel the need for camo everything when I go hunting.. It'll be great for a ground blind or tree stand hunts. Or even under my camo rain gear.. I've seen some good deals on Sierra trading post as well..