Affordable puffy coat

colonel00

WKR
It's a little late now but I scored the Kryptek Lycos puffy on their Thanksgiving sale and for $56, it's pretty nice. Finally got to wear it today and for the money, it's a pretty good deal. Still though, it all comes down to how you and your body work and what you need to be warm.

matthewmt

WKR
Local sporting goods store has a crazy sale twice a yr liquidating last season's stuff. I got a hooded marmot alpha something for 40$ things like that or eBay or other sites would be my suggestion. I have a Patagonia down sweater puffy and it's decent extremely packable too.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
What are some options for affordable puffy coats? As much as i want a first lite or kuiu its not in the budget this year. What are done options sub 75 preferably...its one of my last things i want before rifle season.

I was in Target yesterday, walked by a table signed 30% off - there were Champion (good brand) hooded coats (puffys) for $60 which equated to $41 so I bought one, just as functional as my Kenai and Uncompraghe puffys with a good zipper and well designed hood

Beendare

WKR
I've heard people talk about the puffy from Costco. I haven't really looked at it though but I think it's like $20
Can't beat it if you are an avg size guy.

I have a Cabelas puffy in Tall lined with a micro fiber I got probably 10 years ago that is my favorite....about $50 on sale in Jan/Feb...when all that stuff goes on sale

mmccolloch

Lil-Rokslider
Scheels Outfitters Liner Jacket | Scheels

I just picked up one of these this weekend. It's a great color for hunting and seems like it would be great for early season hunts where you wanted to go lightweight. It also has zip off sleeves so you can run it as a vest. It's definitely not as heavy duty or as wind proof as my First Lite puffy, but for $40 it's as nice layering piece. Also, since it's Primaloft, it's a good cost effective option for guys that want to run synthetic over down (like myself.)

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was in Target yesterday, walked by a table signed 30% off - there were Champion (good brand) hooded coats (puffys) for $60 which equated to $41 so I bought one, just as functional as my Kenai and Uncompraghe puffys with a good zipper and well designed hood
I've been using the target champion puffy for a year. Worn it for about 100 days. Hunting, camping, at work (physical labor). Washed 5 times, refreshed dwr twice. Packs well for a synthetic with a hood. Large weighs 18 oz ( average for its kind). It lost maybe 15% loft or warmth pretty quick but has held strong since. Blocks wind and water well. Very durable. Zipper has been flawless. I have some stitching coming out and the draw cord ia on its last leg. Only complaint, I wish the chest pocket wasn't inside. I paid $40 as well, even at full price its a great buy.

Jimbo V

WKR
I would look at Patagonia, LL bean or Eddie Bauer, they can all be found on sale at pretty reasonable prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

adamm88

WKR
I would look at Patagonia, LL bean or Eddie Bauer, they can all be found on sale at pretty reasonable prices.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i ended up picking up the sportsman guide one, its on its way now, the morning after i posted this topic my wife hit a deer with her car so it was put on hold a few weeks.

peddler

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 60 gram Primaloft parka from Orvis and a 100 gram Primaloft LL Bean parka and both are great.

If you are on a budget, Costco is the way to go. They also have some packable down vests, for $20 or so that one could layer with a jacket. The down side is that stock comes and goes at the stores.

I always check the clearance rack at REI. Got their bar and in both prima loft and a 650 down ( not at the same time) Both are light olive green and I paid under 75 each

matthewmt

WKR
Costco in my A.O has down button ups for 20$ 32 degrees brand I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk