Head lamps

JeremiahH

WKR
Another vote for Princeton tec. I use this one. I thought it was too cheap to be good. It's actually super duper man. Not kidding its ridiculously rad. Why? I'll tell you. It's frickin $20 - $25 . It uses two AAA which last a long time on the low setting. I've never needed the high. It is simple. Three clicks. Red, low, and high. It weighs 2.2 something ounces. It's made in the USA. It feels great on the melon and has simple sturdy angle adjustment clicks. It has a little slide lock tab on the battery door that disconnects the battery contacts so it doesn't come on in your pack. I haven't found any reason to shop any further.

124c1405030946e6e061f041209253d1.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I just bought a $13 Energizer Vision LED 200 lumens on recommendation from a friend ill use it Saturday and give an opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kicker338

WKR
XXX on the zebra light I got a h600 mk3 2 mths. ago, the hi setting looks like the headlights on a car. I mainly use the lower settings but the hi is great for a quick look around the area.

Rob5589

WKR
I use a Fenix HL60R. Super bright, long batt life, uses single 18650 that recharges via micro usb port.

I use black diamond head lamps

They have the features you want. A locking feature that stops your head lamp from going on inside your pocket or backpack. Depending on the model you can have red/green LED as 2nd or 3rd lighting features in the color you want. The Storm has 4 lighting features, 3 colors and locking option(2017 model). $40 bucks retail.

But black diamond is not nice with it comes to repairs or selling replacement parts.

I use the spot (2017) with only has white and red LEDs and is small. Waterproofing is good. I use it during Lobster season with no rust from the marine air.

Using rechargeable battieries with a solar panel like suntactics you have lighting system that will last for years!.

Emill

FNG
I had an old Mammut (which they dont make any longer) that had an awesome flood beam. Worked awesome for night cross country skiing and rock climbing. (If you ever want to feel the air under your toes try leading a sport route at night!😉) I really learned to love the big flood light for working in the dark. A sad day came when I found corroded batteries in the lamp. I replaiced it with a black dimond storm... I can't stand it after using it for a season. On mine, when I dim the lamp it hums. A constant hum with a heavy pack on and 3 miles to the truck isn't awesome. It's got a few cool features but I haven't spent the time to figure out how to switch between red, green, flood and spot seemlessly.. i just fumble with it till it changes. It also seemed to use the batteries pretty quickly with decent management.

I'm switching to 18650s for my headlamp and hand torch this season and will be going with a zebra light h603c high cri for a headlamp. It's supposed to give true color from blood trailing in the dark. The glow in the dark lense seems to be sweet so you can find it quickly in the middle of the night.

I've also got a few of the green energizers you can get at home depot. I use them for work. I don't mind if the get left in a crawlspace or attic but they work fine.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
BD revolt. Rechargeable batteries and USB charger. Don't know what the lumens are, but it is good enough for me.

kickemall

WKR
BD revolt. Rechargeable batteries and USB charger. Don't know what the lumens are, but it is good enough for me.

Second this. The low setting is the best I've had for walking trails and not blinding yourself or someone your with. Can also run on regular batts. Use it almost every day and haven't found better.

WVhillbilly

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up the BD Storm(250 lum). I have only played with it around the house. I like that you can hold you finger on the side of it and dim the white and the red/green lights. Then just tap it and it goes back to bright. The lock feature is pretty cool also.

Tex68w

WKR
Have a few Petzl's that I use a lot when duck or hog hunting. For my out west hunts I am thinking I will upgrade and take a Petzl as a backup.

wildcat33

WKR
I just picked up a new BD Storm. Man that thing is good. 250 lumens, easy to use controls. Has red and green lights (that stay that way). I think BD is doing a much better job than Petzl these days with the user interface. Petzl controls (on the new lights) are not very user friendly, in my experience.

WKR
^how much for those?^
Wouldn't mind a light with both red and green

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Akicita

WKR
^how much for those?^
Wouldn't mind a light with both red and green

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

250 lumen starts around $50 but there are sales on them as low as $40. . . The lower lumen 160 can be bought for around $25

jjrgr21

Lil-Rokslider
if you want bright, decent battery life, and water tight. the black diamond SPOT is awesome.

ease of use, great battery life, ok brightness, not waterproof. the PT remix

Stwrt9

WKR
If your on a budget this past year i bought an Ozark Trail Auto-Brightness Headlamp at Walmart. At 225 Lumens and for $20 it's tough to beat!! the only problem i've ran into is it coming on while in my bag from time to time easy fix is popping a battery out while in your bag problem solved.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
The Petzel-e lite is what I'll never leave home without. Very versatile and packable. Either than that I use a tacktikka with the red light. It's decent but nothing amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twall13

WKR
+1 for the Petzl E+Lite, but only as a backup. I always have that thing with me and it's saved my bacon a couple of times but it's strictly a backup for me. At less than an ounce, it's worth the weight.

blackdawg

WKR
I have the Black Diamond Icon, second season of heavy use. It is not lightweight at all, but it is does everything else and does it very bright. I am not sure how long the 4 aa batteries could last but it is an exceptional amount of time even running on high, my batteries have only dimmed before being replaced. For a backup I have a little Petzl e-light.

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I wrap the headband around the light housing and secure it with a bicycle inner tube cut to size, using it as an extra wide rubber band. Cheap fix to try before buying a new lamp