Gerber Vital review.

Tbob

Lil-Rokslider
So I got a Gerber Vital folding knife for my b-day and finally had a chance to use it. I went on a really fun Archery Javelina hunt in SE AZ earlier this month.
The knife is super light weight and I really like the folder style (fits into my kill kit pullout nicely). It's also bright orange so it's super easy to find when you set it down..
So I shot a really nice boar and it was time to break out my knife. I was able to skin and quarter the pig with one blade, no problems getting threw any of the joints and sockets.. Just towards the end of the process, while I was removing it's head, I was cutting threw some hide and I pushed the blade straight into the hide and broke the blade. (My fault not the knife, I was totally pushing it to see what it could handle). So now I have only half a blade attached to the knife.. This little thing has a nice little button to push and the blade slides off super easy. So I put a new blade on (really easily and never felt like I was going to struggle or cut myself). After the new blade went on I finished getting the head off and then I was able to use the same blade for boning out all the meat and cleaning it all up when I got home..
This little knife is awesome.. I like it better than the Havalon's as those are brutal for me to change the blades safely. I usually used my multi tool to help with that. No longer!!
If you're in the market for one of these little knives, I'd definitely recommend this Gerber Vital.

matthewmt

WKR
I plan on picking up one for this season.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I like mine just as much if not more as the havalons ive used (it was free so that might also be why)
the button to remove the blades is easy peasy too, coupled with a little fixed blade its a good combo.

rustyN

Lil-Rokslider
Old thread I know, just thought I’d mention that cabelas has these online for $24.99 (comes with their gut hook tool as well, if that matters to you).