Shovel

Akicita

WKR
Does anyone use a multipurpose shovel or E tool for their backpack hunting? Why or why not?

I don't and have rarely found a need for a shovel that I couldn't do with an adze or digging stick made from a stout tree branch. l will take a light weight snow claw with me during the snowy season. It is a must have survival tool for clearing snow from shelters or digging a snow cave.

one of the neatest uses talked about maybe on this forum, or another, was its use as a single cheek toilet seat. if that works would sure beat squatting IMHO......

Akicita

WKR
one of the neatest uses talked about maybe on this forum, or another, was its use as a single cheek toilet seat. if that works would sure beat squatting IMHO......
I hope no one post a picture of that. . .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I don't carry one hunting but have carried one before for various other reasons. My favorites are glock and cold steel. Both are under 2 pounds with a case. I don't see much need for one unless you are digging fire pits or big latrines.

gabenzeke

WKR
I feel like this could lead to some pretty unfortunate circumstances if I tried this and lost my balance...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Tsnider

WKR
ive seen the titanium ones from the guy who makes the little buck saw, and they weigh like half an ounce. wondered about taking one.i imagine the deeper you can bury you waste the better, so the critters arent as aware of a predator in the area. then again, we piss all over everything. last year hunting though i kept seeing just piles of human waste with toilet paper throw on top of it not burried. derp

ive seen the titanium ones from the guy who makes the little buck saw, and they weigh like half an ounce. wondered about taking one.i imagine the deeper you can bury you waste the better, so the critters arent as aware of a predator in the area. then again, we piss all over everything. last year hunting though i kept seeing just piles of human waste with toilet paper throw on top of it not burried. derp
probably one of my biggest pet peeves...especially when its right off the dang road!

That is pretty nasty and lazy too. It's one thing to do it in your buddies deer blind but to leave it out for strangers is just bad ju-ju and I hope bad things happen to those people.

your buddies deerblind! another guy with a sense of humor I see,:cool:
i carry a small cold steel with me on the beach sometimes.

Hall256

WKR
Did a backpacking/kayaking trip through the Great Smokies NP last year, and one of the areas we found was littered (and I mean a lot) with piles of shit and beer bottles. The area of the park is accesses by boat, so what should have been remote camp sites, we're nothing but party spots. We actually packed/kayak out two large bags of trash that the previous people left behind...nothing we could do about the shit piles though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
ive seen the titanium ones from the guy who makes the little buck saw, and they weigh like half an ounce. wondered about taking one.i imagine the deeper you can bury you waste the better, so the critters arent as aware of a predator in the area.

You mean this one?: titanium cathole trowels titanium trowels

Would be interesting to compare their weights to other lightweight shovels ...

The John

Lil-Rokslider
I carry one in the truck box, but I dont see much of an use for it when in the backcountry personally. The exception would be if there was a large group of us going in (4-6 people).