Cleaning bladder with bite valve?

What's the best why to do it? I have an MSR hydromedary and it looks like I can take the bite valve off to run soapy water through the line but it's really hard and I'm afraid I'm going to break it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I just put a little bleach in the bladder with water and shake it up good and pour it out through the line and bite valve, then rinse it well a few times, and hang it to dry. Been doing that with my 3L Mil Spec Camelbak a couple times a year for the past 12 years and it's been fine.

Every so often I boil my valves. Lately I have just been keeping the bladders I use the most in the freezer. The ones I only use on longer outings when more water is ended I just rinse and make sure they dry then hang them up. Never had an issue. You can buy cleaning kits, or use bleach as mentioned.

Gorp2007

WKR
Bleach or vinegar to kill any germs, rinse well afterwards. You can also store them in the freezer to help fight any critter build-up due to lingering moisture.

crdmax

FNG
Efferdent denture cleaner is what I use...cleans the bladder, line and bite valves good and you don't have to rinse it a bunch of times to get the smell or bleach/vinegar flavor or smell out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felix40

WKR
I dont even mess with it anymore. I just leave mine full all the time. It has a little stuff in the bite valve but its too much trouble for me to try and clean and dry it all the time.

Flashmo

FNG
I just put a little bleach in the bladder with water and shake it up good and pour it out through the line and bite valve, then rinse it well a few times, and hang it to dry. Been doing that with my 3L Mil Spec Camelbak a couple times a year for the past 12 years and it's been fine.

I do this, but don't bother with a rinse. I have 5 bladders that I use, and just do them all at once.

This is a pretty standard disinfecting protocol worldwide.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Just rinse it out after I use it, then I made attachments to go on my boot dryer so I can dry it really well with that. Then store till next time.

Thanks,
Boswell