Favorite cheap gear

idcuda

WKR
I had forgotten one of my favorites - these crappy stoves from Amazon. They always light with the built-in ignition and they boil water. Not exactly rocket science, but they have never failed me. For $10 a pop, buy three of them and put one in the truck, one in camp, and one in the atv.

Tbob

Lil-Rokslider
Gonna have to 2nd the Luci solar light! Best backcountry small price item I've gotten in a long time that works really well! I've actually got two of them now!

ACCESSORIES - TIE DOWN - BUNGEE DEALEE BOBby OLD SCOUT

I don't have this exact model, but I did buy 8 of these at a boat show a couple years back. They work great for a lot of things. I have one on m range finder to attach it to my bino harness near my shoulder, great for bundling shooting sticks or trekking poles because it stays fixed on one all the time and wraps around the other and is quiet to remove. Keeps them from clanking. Awesome for hanging things off a belt loop, list goes on and on.

Netherman

WKR
I really like these Ironclad gloves. Similar to Mechanics but have a terry cloth thumb that's great for wiping a your nose or face. I cut half the thumb and index finger off of mine.

View attachment 49639https://www.amazon.com/Ironclad-EXOT-PBLK-05-XL-Tactical-Operator-Stealth/dp/B01AD10Q9K/ref=sr_1_2?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1491571024&sr=1-2&keywords=ironclad%2Bexo%2Btactical&th=1

Nick

boom

WKR
a Mora Companion Carbon knife. hands down..makes all my other knife purchases look like a bad decision. should have bought APPLE stock. :)

Just a word of caution, in order for this to work a good portion of the clothes used to produce the drier lint should be cotton. My problem is that 90% of my clothes are synthetic and I tried using drier lint once and it wouldn't stay lit.

HAHA, the lint the comes out of my dryer is like 90% Labrador hair, I'd hate to find out how that smells if burned :D

rexahayes

Lil-Rokslider
One of those cheap collapsible water bottles and some mio. I mainly drink out of a 3L reservoir with an inline sawyer. Super light weight and packable when you need that extra kick.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

The $29 carbon fiber trekking poles that Costco sells, cheap back up head lamps that Walmart or Fred Meyer sells, and the cheap merino wool blend hiking socks that Costco sells.

bpctcb

WKR
A blaze orange Photon light. Set it to strobe and mark your kill sight at night. Works great and stupid light & cheap.

BP

A blaze orange Photon light. Set it to strobe and mark your kill sight at night. Works great and stupid light & cheap.

BP
that's a great idea. could also double usage if you had it attached to the zipper and tucked into the bag to use to look for stuff in your bag in the dark.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
My Favorites, with Links:

Knife Sharpener $8.01: AccuSharp Sharpener
Lens/Glass Cleaner $9.99: Lens Pen - Vortex
10,000 mAh Charger $15.99:10,000 mAh charger
Cocoon Air-core Pillow $17.13:Air-Core Travel Pillow
Dry Bag $19.76: Sea to Summit eVent eVac Dry Bag
Fly Rod - Compact $37.49: Crystal River Fly Rod - Compact
1-man bivy tent $84.95: Eureka Solitaire

I guess "cheap" is relative... But if any of these break, I'd just buy a new one to replace it as I think I've already got my money's worth out of these things.

Last edited: