Havalon Evolve multitool

Anyone get to mess around with one of these yet?
Seems like a good opportunity to switch out the heavy Leatherman for a more hunt specific tool.

Nuke Man

WKR
Is the blade change out the same as the other havalons? If so you'd need a multi tool for your multi tool.

Tsnider

WKR
i wish one of these companies would make something similar to this but without the stupid clip on it. seems like a lot of added weight for no reason, how many people clip their knife to their pack, or worse their beltloop? the only other thing i could see is how all those little slots would get all gooed up. i do like that it can use bits. i find myself using my Wave a whole lot, so for me the weight is worth it.

OP
Bonedalien
i wish one of these companies would make something similar to this but without the stupid clip on it. seems like a lot of added weight for no reason, how many people clip their knife to their pack, or worse their beltloop? the only other thing i could see is how all those little slots would get all gooed up. i do like that it can use bits. i find myself using my Wave a whole lot, so for me the weight is worth it.

I don't see the need for a clip either. I carry a Wave also,and it will always be around spike camp or the truck.

Last edited:

gumbl3

WKR
Just looking at it, I took a pen out of my pocket and held it out he back of my pocketknife and tried imagining breaking down a whole animal. The grip feels off balance with handle so much higher than the spine of the knife. Be hard for me to replace my regular Havalon with this for processing

mcseal2

WKR
According to Knifecenter.com:

Features
7 x 60A Hunting Blades
2 x Evolve Saw Blades
Liner Locking Blade Fitment
Folding Gut Hook
Carabiner Spring Clip
Hex Bit Storage Unit
Wire Cutter/ Stripper
2Cr13 Cast Stainless Steel Pliers
Locking Bit Driver
Exclusive Zip Up Carrying Case
Specifications
Blade Length: 2.125"- 3.75"
Overall Length: 10.75"
Blade Material: Stainless Steel
Blade Style: 60A Replaceable Havalon Blades
Blade Finish: Satin
Handle Material: 420J2 Stainless Steel
Locking Mechanism: Liner Lock
Sheath Material: Nylon Pouch
Weight: 12.8 oz.
Made in Taiwan

mcseal2

WKR
My Leatherman Wave only without sheath shows 8.5oz on my postage scale for reference. My Outdoor Edge replacable blade knife from Eastmans weighs 2.8oz and the Havalon Piranta I have with metal handle weighs 2.1oz. If that weight is correct on just the Evolve I can't see switching from a knife and a multi-tool to just this. I'd have expected Havalon to make it lighter, maybe that weight isn't right for just the tool?

frankrb3

WKR
Is the blade change out the same as the other havalons? If so you'd need a multi tool for your multi tool.

This is 100% false. If you do it the way they explain on the packaging you don't need another tool to change the blade. Sorry but this was bad advice and could convince someone to stay away from a product with good merits for no reason. If you wanna use a tool to change your blades, fine. But by no means do you need to do it this way to safely change the blades. Learn to do it right and you will never have a problem.

joelbiltz

WKR

I have used havalons since they first came out. Have changed out probably 100+ blades with nothing more than my hands without a single issue. Common sense and being careful is all that is needed with a havalon.