MSR Dragonfly between burns

mobilefamily

Lil-Rokslider
Do you depressurize the fuel bottle and remove the fuel pump between morning and evening cook sessions on a multi day hunt?

Just got mine and am enjoying it so far. Didn't see any guidelines about leaving it pressurized in the manual. Probably not necessary but thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks.

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
I have an MSR Whisperlite International. Looks to have an identical pump as the Dragonfly. I don't depressurize it between uses, and never store the pump separate from the bottle. I've been doing it this way for about four years without issue.

I dont depressurize between uses when in the field. the only reason to would be if you wanted to take the pump out and use the regular fuel bottle cap.
i feel the best 1-2 combo of stoves is the msr dragonfly, and the msr micro rocket. best of both worlds! i've cooked pancakes with my dragonfly ;)

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Three dragonfly stoves in my family for almost 20 years, countless gallons of fuel burned, we've never depressurized the canister. Just that much less pumping each time. The only pump I've had fail was in my pack, I broke it when I landed on it. I pack it differently now...

It's burning proper when it sounds like a weed burner on full blast 🔥

Colby Jack

Lil-Rokslider
Apologize in advance for the hijack: I run a pocket rocket, but want to run a fuel bottle stove. Is there less condensation from combustion with white gas, etc?

tater

WKR
Three dragonfly stoves in my family for almost 20 years, countless gallons of fuel burned, we've never depressurized the canister. Just that much less pumping each time. The only pump I've had fail was in my pack, I broke it when I landed on it. I pack it differently now...

It's burning proper when it sounds like a weed burner on full blast 🔥

I don't depressurize mine either, and have used the same stove for fifteen years.
I run an aftermarket ring on the burner that makes the Dragonfly a super quiet stove. It's a little heavy, but it makes the world of difference noise wise while still allowing great flame control for cooking.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425