What's your must have item for 2017?

Sat Phone or Delorme In Reach
Wife insists

I just activated my inreach yesterday and I think it will be a game changer. I have stressed out and worried too many times when I was in a tough spot and knew I'd be in trouble if something bad happened. Now I can rest easy and not worry. Help from a buddy or SAR is always at your finger tips if you needed it.

Fitzwho

WKR
I bought the InReach last year. Really put my wife's nerves at ease. So much so that she only tracked me for my first hunt in Utah, she didn't bother with it while I was in Arizona a few weeks later. She just forwarded the tracking link to my brother and dad so they could do it.

It's a bit slow sending messages, but they get out. I got the SE I believe, so that I could connect to the phone with bluetooth.

Dameon

WKR
I bought the InReach last year. Really put my wife's nerves at ease. So much so that she only tracked me for my first hunt in Utah, she didn't bother with it while I was in Arizona a few weeks later. She just forwarded the tracking link to my brother and dad so they could do it.

It's a bit slow sending messages, but they get out. I got the SE I believe, so that I could connect to the phone with bluetooth.

Yep. My wife would message me in the morning and all night. The DeLorme InReach really helped put her at ease. It does take a while to get messages out sometimes, but as long as you keep it out with a view to the sky, it works. FYI...my wife has muscular dystrophy and last year was the first time I was gone from home more than 3 days. I worried about her, and she worried about me. My DeLorme was worth every penny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Good list so far. Anything else I pick up will just be feeding my gear fix.

elkyinzer

WKR
Pretty low key for me.

My Lowa Zephyrs died. Wore them almost daily, 3 seasons for 3+ years so they were due.

Pretty excited to get my hands on a FL Aerowool tshirt after I bitched about them not offering it last year. Budget is tight right now and I've been resisting preordering a couple, at some point I'll pull the trigger.

mcseal2

WKR
Upgrading my truck/UTV camping set-up. I have the backpack camp covered but I've been hunting some units where it's not necessary to go that light. Also I want to camp more with family, my daughter is to young still to enjoy it but my nephews are getting old enough to do some camping and fishing. I'm buying a Seek Outside 8 man tipi with a stove, half floor, and half liner this year. It will get used on the river around home and on trips. I want to make a camp that is a bit more luxurious than my Megatarp/backpack set-up that I can transport easily with my Polaris Ranger or 1648 jon boat. Most of my free time around home in the summer is when it's to wet to be haying and to wet to drive my truck to camping spots. By mixing my regular and light camping gear I had pretty much everything but a decent larger shelter. Kids love to be wet and muddy until it's time to go to sleep! Then they want warm and comfy.

crterra

FNG
New pack system with more versatility. Looking at a Kuiu Icon Pro 5200/1850 combo. Plenty of pack for in and out and a day pack that can double as a meat hauler.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

I felt good on all of my gear except for how ready my rig to get me out to my areas was. Because of that I have added a hidden front hitch mount to the front of my tacoma and wired up the front and rear to power a removeable hitch mounted warn m8000s winch that I can now run front or rear. That along with my new delorme inreach makes the lady (and myself) a little more confident when i venture out solo, especially in the late season.
Also looking to pick up a compact jump box in case my battery decides to die on me (especially now after winching). Jumper cables only help if theres someone else in the area!

Upgraded binos, can't wait to get them before hunting season! Hoping for the zeiss conquests

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
C
Well crap, after seeing the Muley Freak harness I might be picking one of those up. Not a must have but damn.

JLH208

WKR
Whatever piece I can't talk the woman into before the season hits... Second pair of Crispis, bigger tripod for vehicle mainly, rain gear

- Jesse