My Muley Freak Bino Harness Review

Hey guys and gals I've had the harness for a couple weeks now and thought I'd do a review. I've taken it on a 3D shoot, several shed hunts and used it everyday at work. Overall I've got about 40 hours with it on.

I got one of the first ones made to test out. It was tight on the right side of the vortex razors but it seems this was more of a one off deal with the sewing part of it.

Pros
Easy to use with one hand
Mesh side pockets are a good/usable size.
Front pocket works to hold range finder, or phone with scope adapter, or tripod adaptor etc...
Love the back panel that provides protection some other models don't. Anyone that hunts in scrub oak or similar thick stuff will appreciate this feature.
It stays in place when binos are out and binos stay tethered unless you unclip them
Can run them without binos being tethered if you want
The strap keepers are a nice touch to keep the ends from flapping in the wind.
No magnets

Cons
Could be a hair bigger.
Buckles to keep binos tethered are small and hard to use with gloves on
Panel on back could have top straps coming off a tad wider as can get some neck rubbing at times.

Overall it's an improvement over the few others I have used. Addressing the few issues I had would make it the perfect Harness for me. Not everyone has the same needs I understand.

I did a quick video today.
Muley Freak Bino Harness - YouTube

I'll also upload a few pics.
I quickly found I don't like talking in front of the camera.
I'm happy to answer any questions I can help with.

FURMAN

WKR
Good video. I was really more concerned about size. I am assuming 10x42s? My Zeiss Victory HT 10x42s will not slide in with one hand. I will have to exchange for the larger harness when available.

OP
M
The razors are 8x42s and the vipers are 10x42.
I did notice after a couple days it got better but I am with you. It needs to be a bit bigger.
I'll be interested to see how you do with the bigger size. In my head I see my binos flopping around in the bigger size but maybe not. I also run the kuiu with the rain fly stuffed in the bottom. Maybe doing that would help with flopping?

jpitt777

FNG
What keeps the flap closed over the binos? Any risk of binos falling out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M
What keeps the flap closed over the binos? Any risk of binos falling out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are elastic cords that you can adjust the tightness of the lid.
If you had them super loose and didn't use the attachment straps I assume the binos could fall out in the right position.