Ever hydrographic/dip your stock?

Bughalli

WKR
I'm thinking about having a stock dipped. Locally I'm getting pretty expensive price quotes for a standard carbon fiber film. I think a single stock is just too small an order for them. If you've had a stock dipped, how much did it cost? Any recommendations for places to do it.....and/or should I explore maybe doing it myself.

Not sure it's relevant, but it's a standard Savage synthetic stock (not fancy).

Thanks in advance.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I had my whole shotgun dipped for around $250. That same place, on their website, lists a rifle stock for $125. Shopping around may get you a lower price. What have you been quoted?

You can do it yourself. My brother and I have done 3 or 4 different guns. Buy the film you want and practice, pop cans, plastic containers, etc. all make good practice items. Once you get the process down, dip your stock. The nice thing about the hydro-dipping is that if you mess it up, you can add another layer of base paint and do it again if necessary.

Here's a couple of pictures of the first shotgun I dipped, I was very happy with the result.

Stwrt9

WKR
i had my rifle dipped 2 years ago by Hydro-dip.com and it came out great and at the time was very reasonably priced at $90.

Squirrels

WKR
Had a shotgun done in natgear for 125

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
Here's my shotgun that I had done in the new Bottomland.
F976376C-75E8-4B2F-9B77-8986F6A736A4_zpsjymfqlzq.jpg

grfox92

WKR
Not to high jack the thread or change the subject but I was looking of doing the gunskins wrap on one of my guns. Looks easy, they claim it's durable and it heat shrinks to the gun. And it's around $60, you do it yourself so changing the pattern is not a big deal if you want to switch it up. Maybe a good alternative to a dip? Has anyone used them?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

through the years ive had a bunch of stuff dipped and also did a bunch at home.carbon fiber is tough pattern to get right because the lines need to be on the money and if you activate the film wrong or let the film stretch it wont look good. same with the digital camo patterns. you tube makes it look easy but there is some learning. dont know what the going prices are but top price for me would be 150$. with some kind of warranty. some places dont use the good 2 part automotive paints for durability so research and check reviews.

$150 for just a stock with automotive clear. Any more than that and they are over the average price.
Doing a basic stock, you could honestly DIY.
Even the carbon fiber film.
The digital camo patterns seem to be a lot more finicky with the activator.
The cheap DIY kits with aerosol type activators aren't what you want. Spend the extra $50 and have it done professionally. Or get decent commercial grade film AND activator.
Practice on a 4" piece of PVC pipe

Ive done my own guns, bows game controllers, tons of stuff- it is a process with variables