Best Topo Map?

Grundy53

WKR
What is everyone's go to topo map? I'm talking actual physical map. Not digital. On a side note, has anyone tried Rugged maps? Seams like a good idea.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

A friend let me use his mytopo map and id have to say i was dissappointed that it was in metric. Also doesn't delineate between trees and open habitat. Ill use it some but i plan to pickup my favorite which is USGS paper quads. Not waterproof but if i want to i can coat it which works ok.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Pontius

FNG
I love the NatGeo Trails Illustrated. Waterproof. GMU boundaries in Colorado at least. Downside is coverage, not available for every conceivable hunt.

FlyGuy

WKR
What is everyone's go to topo map? I'm talking actual physical map. Not digital. On a side note, has anyone tried Rugged maps? Seams like a good idea.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

That Rugged Map looks like a good idea. I didn't see much on their site though. Curious if anyone that has used one can give more feedback on them? I've used the waterproof Mytopo maps before and they are pretty good. what i don't like is the amount of noise they make when I fold/unfold them in the field, and I started losing pigment off of the map in creases/folds after a few days of moderate use. This could potentially solve that issue. really want to hear how noisy the material is...

bhylton

WKR
check out caltopo.com. very powerful tool. includes USFS topo maps, satellite, nat geo. even has historical maps back to the early 1900s for some areas. also has fire history which can be helpful

teamvit

Lil-Rokslider
check out caltopo.com. very powerful tool. includes USFS topo maps, satellite, nat geo. even has historical maps back to the early 1900s for some areas. also has fire history which can be helpful

Caltopo is also my favorite. I haven't found anything else that holds as much info in one place

I love the NatGeo Trails Illustrated. Waterproof. GMU boundaries in Colorado at least. Downside is coverage, not available for every conceivable hunt.

I have these and the mytopo maps. the mytopo is good for overall view of the unit, but stays in the truck. The National geographic maps are the best I have found for me if you can get coverage for where you are hunting. LOts of detail and very well printed.