Cup/pot size and recommendation

fishslap

WKR
I normally day hunt from a trailhead base camp. This year I'm going to try hunting from a spike camp consisting of a seek outside 4 man tipi and their wood stove. I don't plan to pack a separate stove since I'll only need hot water in the evenings for dinner, etc. and I just plan to use the wood stove. For heating water for mountain house style meals and tea/coffee, what cup/pot setup do you recommend for one person? Specifically, what size range? Also, should I consider a separate cup for drinking hot beverages out of? I've been looking at snow peak and toaks. Simple piece of gear but thought I'd get input from your experience.

wildcat33

WKR
I use the snow peak 700 trek pot for solo trips for cooking and a white bottle nalgene for water and hot bevs. Simple, but does everything I need.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I use the snow peak 700 trek pot for solo trips for cooking and a white bottle nalgene for water and hot bevs. Simple, but does everything I need.

I use the light weight 1L white Nalgene's and I also have a 500ml version. I could just bring the 500ml for hot beverages after heating the water. Good idea. I was looking at the toaks light 650 pot so that looks in the same size range. Thanks for the info.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR

Nice morels in your profile photo by the way. I found a grand total of one up in Longmont but I haven't spent a lot of time looking. I used to find quite a few in Missouri.

wildcat33

WKR
Nice morels in your profile photo by the way. I found a grand total of one up in Longmont but I haven't spent a lot of time looking. I used to find quite a few in Missouri.

There are a few around, but they are tough to find. I've seen a lot of blacks coming out of the mtns higher up this year - but haven't looked myself.

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
The Toaks stuff is real nice. For a single person, the 550 pot is plenty for what you're looking for.

Hall256

WKR
I bring a 850ml pot, with my 450ml cup nested inside with my jet boil French press (cant live with out my coffee) and all my grounds. This set up with a jet boil has covered me for almost all occasions. It weighs nothing, it allows different be made while heating up other items in the jet boil. The 450ml cup is a creature comfort, but it is worth it when weather sucks and you can have a nice hit cup of coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I ordered a 650 light weight pot and 450 cup from toaks. The 450 will nest in the 650 and the light version made it worth the 650. Added the long handled spoon with polished end. I'll decide if bringing the 450 along is worth it. Anyone ever use toaks little wood stoves? Thanks for the info guys.

desertcj

WKR
I just ordered a Toaks 750. I don't cook breakfast in the morning and I also don't drink coffee in the mountain, so no cup for me. I could have gone with the Toaks 550, but I want to keep my stove inside the pot and the 550 is too small I believe. I was using a MSR alpine 775ml. I love the way it locks closed but it's 13oz! Anyways, it holds more than enough water for 1 dehydrated meal and probably almost enough for 2 if filled to the brim.