Kifaru Ultralight Pullouts or something else?

SquidHC

Lil-Rokslider
Need to organize all the loose gear in my pack. Looking at the Kifaru Ultralight Pullouts, but I'm not aware of many alternatives.

First question is are these at all durable? Second is, what else should I consider? Thirdly, how did you decide what sizes to order?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Hall256

WKR
There was a post on here a few months ago, where I guy found some real low cost options at Wal-Mart.

I have the Kifaru pullouts, I like them...i only wish they would have a few color options for organization. They are durable for what they are, and there is a video that explains the different size options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Daniel_M

WKR
I've been a fan of the KU pullouts for several years now, about the only place I'm organized is with my more expensive gear that goes into a pack. Kuiu makes a similar style now, not sure how the sizing matches up. But Small to XL...Fire Kit, Possibles pouch, rain gear, cook kit, food, kill kits...they all stack up nicely like a game of tetris and keep my tent/pack from becoming a gear bomb. Plus side is when downsizing and going on foot once camp is made, grab what you need pre-packaged and go.

UtahJimmy

WKR
I picked up 2 sets of the OR ultralight ditty sacks off massdrop earlier this spring. It was $42 shipped for 6 pieces. Been loving them as they are different colors. Same weight as the kifaru but half the price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

530Chukar

WKR
OR has a set of 3 dry bags for sale $25 on Massdrop this morning.
4b0cc53835b2cf5217775c545864a0d8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnMuley

WKR
I use Kifaru ultralight pull outs, but also have really been eyeballing Jimmy Tarps ultralight waterproof bags. He makes a dandy set of bags at a great price. I'd highly recommend checking them out as well.

awaldro7

Lil-Rokslider
the OR backcountry organizer looks nice. I havnt used one personally though

I've been running eagle creek organizers for a few seasons now. Several sizes/styles/colors and they are rectangular like my pack, seem to fit better. REI usually has a pretty good selection of them.

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
There was a post on here a few months ago, where I guy found some real low cost options at Wal-Mart.

I have the Kifaru pullouts, I like them...i only wish they would have a few color options for organization. They are durable for what they are, and there is a video that explains the different size options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I realize this thread is going on 8 years old, but I change the paracord on the zipper pulls of my pullouts so they are all a different color. Helps me know what is in each without unzipping them. I forget where I picked up that tip but it works well.

Gallon freezer bags. Cheap, light, semi durable, keeps stuff dry, you can see what's inside, and doubles as a meat bag when I catch a grouse.
You can get ones with zippers if you wanna be fancy.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re DIY inclined and have access to a sewing machine, those zippered pouches are really easy to make and there are tons of examples online. Plus you can customize the size and color of them to your liking.

I’ve also read the UL crowd doesn’t use them because they turn your stuff into cubes which don’t pack as well as all your loose items stuffed into the bag. I like organizing my stuff in pullouts, but I can see the benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaboy

Lil-Rokslider
Mtn Ops has some lightweight pullout style bags.