batteries for steripen?

so you need any special batteries for the classic 3 like lithium? have a brand new one and i put a set of fresh alkaline batteries and got the change battery signal. put another fresh set of alkalines in and it worked for 1 1Litre cycle and then kept flashing "change batteries" next couple times i used it. Is this typical of steripens being that battery sensitive?

so you need any special batteries for the classic 3 like lithium? have a brand new one and i put a set of fresh alkaline batteries and got the change battery signal. put another fresh set of alkalines in and it worked for 1 1Litre cycle and then kept flashing "change batteries" next couple times i used it. Is this typical of steripens being that battery sensitive?
I used mine last week. Lithiums in it from last year worked for a couple liters then red X was coming on. Switched to new Alkalines and worked fine for the remaining 2 days so no Alkaline problems for me.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes, I needed to use lithium or NiMH in mine. I replaced it with a Sawyer mini which doesn't need either.