Water storage

Bl704

WKR
Looking for pros/cons and experiences from others on (non ridgid) water storage containers. I've been looking at collapsible cubes, platypus, msr, etc to see what is available/suited toward backpacking in for base camp. Thoughts/experiences?

TIA

The cheap GSI folding water cubes always break. I've never had one make it through an entire camping trip. I've tried the Nalgene/steripen combo and thought it was too heavy and not enough storage capacity. The platypus gravity filter is what I'm using now. The bags are durable and pretty lightweight. Only downside is if the water is silty then the filter clogs. I haven't tried the msr Dromedary/DromLite Bags so I cannot comment on them.

My water system consists of the 4L Platypus GravityWorks System and a 2L water bladder. The first 4 liters fills two camelbaks for my hunting partner and I. The second 4L we will filter to keep in camp stored in the clean bag of the GravityWorks System. We also will bring the dirty bag filled back to camp and filter it when needed. It takes less than 5min to filter the 4L but that time can vary depending upon how clogged the filter is and the elevation difference between "dirty" and "clean" bags.

OP
Bl704

Bl704

WKR
My water system consists of the 4L Platypus GravityWorks System and a 2L water bladder. The first 4 liters fills two camelbaks for my hunting partner and I.

So you're not using the Platypus 10L tanks, just the Gravityworks. Right?

I have a 10L Dromedary bag that I use at camp for a clean bag. The bag itself is awesome. It's pretty light weight but bombproof. The biggest complaint is trying to filter 10L of water without using a gravity system - squeezing 32-64oz bags of water through a Sawyer takes a while and will kill your hands if you're in a hurry like I usually am.