Anyone hunt with a dirt bike?

I started hunting a new area this year that has a lot of motorcycle only trails. I follow elkshape on YouTube and he uses a dirt bike in a lot of videos. Do you think it is a good hunting investment if I will be hunting this area for a few years? I heard 4 stroke 200cc-600cc is what you want for riding in the mountains. I've been looking at some Honda xr or Kawasaki klx bikes. Also is electric start a must have for trail riding? Any advice or opinion will be much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've hunted off a couple and in my eyes the Yamaha tw200 is THE best one of them all. Low seat so you could "pedal" it through rough sections and creeks while being heavily loaded. Great front and rear rack set ups for it as well. Electric start is a must to me, sucks kicking a bike on a steep hill fully loaded down. The 200 has plenty of torque and is equipped with lights and is highway legal. It also gets awesome fuel mileage at around 65+ mpg if I remember right. Got into some great hunting using them in the past.

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
We took 4, 80 cc bikes 40 miles up a lake in northern bc. Got into some pretty remote areas.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Yup...TW200
i-89DwXSK-L.jpg

Last edited:
OP
cody21peterson
cbaea2fdc2a7579c1c73efea80a4cef4.jpg

Got an 03 Yamaha wr250f! Diving in headfirst. Haven't rode in 10 years. Excited for the journey ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Offroadrider15f and Cross Training Enduro on YouTube. I had never ridden and this stuff helped me figure out the technical offroad riding.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

KClark

WKR
Used a Yamaha BW 200 for a couple years but it's seriously out classed by the Honda CRF230. CRF has more power/torque, nice low seat, much better suspension, handles like a dream slow and twisty. Would like to try a TW 200 but for now I'm lovin' the CRF230.